XenForo name infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkaraca

Hi all,

Just a small question. I see some people have registered domains with xenforo, xen or xf in the names. For example a fan site for xenforo or a community for users. Are there any legal restrictions to do so? I know there are similar sites for almost any forum software out there, but i just wanted to ask. If someone starts a fan site, will they get in trouble?

Thanks for the help.

Q: May XenForo be used in domain/site names?
A: XenForo is a limited company, registered in the UK. The company has a website and a distinctive logo. The company also now has a history, which is currently short, but is growing. Therefore the company can demonstrate the right of trademark.

With this in mind, the company wants to protect that trademark, understandably. Therefore, we are not giving permission for XenForo to be used, as part of a site name or domain name (or any name).

Clearly this has potential to become (or has already become) an emotional matter and really, it is quite simple. The point is simply about protecting XenForo trademark. We would be negligent if we did not protect our trademark; for the benefit of our customers future. No one wants to become involved in wrangling over trademark issues, for obvious reasons and we ask that we are not put in a position to have to consider whether to take action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom