Add-on Xenforo Multi Domain/Sub Domain Functionality (Not Multisite!!!)

Would this add-on be useful to you?

• Total voters
I am looking for a plugin that would do several different functions for xenforo installations that use more then 1 domain name.

First Function - Override theme of website depending on domain name.

Second Function - Assign nodes to be either shown or hidden from each domain.

Third Function - Allow domains to require approval before seeing the some or all of the nodes of that domain. (a simple automated request to be added to a permission group)

I'm not really good at describing exactly how I want it all to work so I made a diagram that I think, and hope, explains it exactly.

296fde423197ba5fddf02923d6f9a5b7.png
002c45ac4e89f3fd3df29fab5f241c25.png

Is this a possible plugin? I think it would be very useful to many members of the community!

The reason I said not multisite in the title is because multisite is not compatible with several plugins. I hope a plugin with just these few functions should not be conflicting with the plugins already installed on Xenforo... or so I hope.

Thanks!

I am looking for a plugin that would do several different functions for xenforo installations that use more then 1 domain name.

First Function - Override theme of website depending on domain name.

Second Function - Assign nodes to be either shown or hidden from each domain.

Third Function - Allow domains to require approval before seeing the some or all of the nodes of that domain. (a simple automated request to be added to a permission group)

I'm not really good at describing exactly how I want it all to work so I made a diagram that I think, and hope, explains it exactly.

296fde423197ba5fddf02923d6f9a5b7.png
002c45ac4e89f3fd3df29fab5f241c25.png

Is this a possible plugin? I think it would be very useful to many members of the community!

The reason I said not multisite in the title is because multisite is not compatible with several plugins. I hope a plugin with just these few functions should not be conflicting with the plugins already installed on Xenforo... or so I hope.

Thanks!

Hello!

Can you please clarify, which plugins exactly not compatible with our addon at https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-multisite-system.2278/ ? If you are going to use the basic functionality only (hiding nodes and switching themes), we are not aware of any incompatibility with any addon or XenForo feature. Let us know and we will check it.

We see, that some of functions you mentioned are not in XenCentral Multiste System, regarding "joining" a domain. You can contact us at https://desk.xencentral.com/ to get a quote on implementing these feature for you. We usually provide a quote for funded project (the resulting functionality will be included in our addon and released at xenforo.com) or private project (functionality developed only for you). This depends if we want to include it in our main plugin and if you want it to be included.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

rdm9Da1.png

You have a list of "Supported Add-ons" on the resource page, that's what I'm referring to when I say several plugins ate not compatible, because several of mine are not on this list.

rdm9Da1.png

You have a list of "Supported Add-ons" on the resource page, that's what I'm referring to when I say several plugins ate not compatible, because several of mine are not on this list.

By "Supported" we mean these are the addons, for which we have developed special support. For example, Xen Resources is supported, meaning you can "hide" resource categories on different sites (just like you can do with nodes). Other addons not listed are simply not speciallty supported, but they are not incompatible. They will just work as on non-multisite setup, showing the same content on both domains.

Thank you!

By "Supported" we mean these are the addons, for which we have developed special support. For example, Xen Resources is supported, meaning you can "hide" resource categories on different sites (just like you can do with nodes). Other addons not listed are simply not speciallty supported, but they are not incompatible. They will just work as on non-multisite setup, showing the same content on both domains.

Thank you!
You might consider reword in your resource thread, There is a big difference between "Supported Plugins" and "Plugins with Extended Features."

2 questions for you.
1. How much would you charge to add the ability to add the members feature?
2. Say I do have an issue with a plugin that is not compatible, what would your turn around time be to help me fix the issue given that your plugin would come with support?

Thanks

Top Bottom