XenForo Mobile

Kenneth Holland

I know this has been talked about many times on here. I'm aware of Forumrunner and Tapatalk.

My question to the XenForo developers is when do you think you'll have a mobile version out?

Thanks.

Ken

It
It's not auto switch to the mobile style on iPad. Can you link to the mobile style directly?

Only way to view the retina version is to use a (minimum of 2x pixel ratio/"retina") mobile device, such as an iPhone. You can view the non-retina mobile version on a desktop/notebook/tablet by switching your user user agent in any browser that allows it.

Only way to view the retina version is to use a (minimum of 2x pixel ratio/"retina") mobile device, such as an iPhone. You can view the non-retina mobile version on a desktop/notebook/tablet by switching your user user agent in any browser that allows it.
Just tried on an iPhone 4 and just saw a desktop style. Is this supposed to auto change to the Mobile style?

Isn't the iPad 3 retina? I'm using that iPad and get the desktop version.

Hmm, it should be loading mobile on iphone and ipad. further, we are using css3 media queries to load high res images on the retina versions of those devices.

If you are on an iphone or ipad and see a desktop site, can you reply back with your hardware and ios versions?

Thanks!

Hmm, it should be loading mobile on iphone and ipad. further, we are using css3 media queries to load high res images on the retina versions of those devices.

If you are on an iphone or ipad and see a desktop site, can you reply back with your hardware and ios versions?

Thanks!
I have iPad 3 and got desktop using dolphin browser
Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8; en_us) AppleWebKit/533.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.5 Safari/533.21.1

FYI, on a recent project we started with xfstop as linked above, it was pretty easy to customize. You can check it out at http://www.marijuana.com/forums/ on your phone (NSFW :)).

We had to do quite a bit of retina work on it, but the end result is pretty slick!

I just checked it out on my iPhone...that is badass. Great job.

I know the retina display but I have no idea how much goes in to 'retina work' as you say.

Is this a totally custom solution for mobile?

Ken

Top Bottom