XF 1.5 Xenforo migration

Hi,

I am currently in the middle of doing a migration of Ultrabb software to xenforo software which has been sussessful. We stored the forum on a test site whilst this was going on.

We initially transfered the ultrabb from my main godaddy server to a second godaddy server, undertook the migration and now I am trying to migrate the new forum back onto my main godaddy server again. The problem is that we cannot seem to transfer the main database back over.

One thing that has changed between the initial migration and the latest attempted migration is that I have had an SSL certificate installed on the main server ( my target server ) by Godaddy. Would this stop the migration back ? Some of the other files have successfully transfered.

apologies if my question is not clear enough. please feel free to ask for clarification,

I would appreciate any assistance as the hardest part ( software change over ) has been successfully completed.

many thanks

Toto

The SSL certificate will not interfere with transferring the database over.

At which point during the transfer are you having problems? Exporting the database from the second server or importing it back to the original server?

Importing it back to the original server. the software change was successful and fully tested out. We are happy that we are ready to go back on line so wanted to transfer it back to my ( bigger ) main godaddy server. We started the transfer and after some time checked the files on the target server only to find that the data base file will not appear to go.

cheers

toto

The easiest way on cPanel is to go into Backup and use the backup/restore option.

On the second server click on the database name to back it up (it will send it to you) then on the original server you can use restore to put it back

Hi Bryan,

I will pass this on to my partner in crime ( IT admin chappy ) and get a response. the instructions that you give are very familiar to me but I'll check and see that we have followed that faithfully. It could be an hour or so before I am able to confirm but will come back one way or the other to let you know if this has solved our issue.

the initial migration to the test server went like a dream so I thought the return would be just a repeat. As I say the change over has been 100% successful so I am sure that this is just a glitch.

I'll look into it and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your input and speedy response. much appreciated

toto

Hi Bryan,

this is the error we get when we try to upload the database using the cpanel backup

Internal Server Error
No response from subprocess ( (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “ALRM” (14) signal.

Hi,

the saga continues ........... we have tried migrating a copy of our old database to prove the tools can do it and it goes no problem at all. Still cant get the new one over. the whole thing works on the server its on but its not the server I want it on. what a nightmare. my forum has been down for over a week now. Running out of idea's.

toto

Top Bottom