XenForo Lite -- Alternadiv

XenForo Lite -- Alternadiv 1.1.2

No permission to download
Import is working fine now. May be this would also be a good style for screenreaders, but then the editor for answering and postings need to be insert and a simply menue at top, the alerts. I know, then this would not be an archive anymore, but for blind people with screenreaders would this be the best style. May be you can do something like this in the future, this would be the first style for handicapped people (of course they need some features) - But anyway, good work for archive :)

This is the perfect style for a low bandwidth option that I want to provide for my users on dialup and sat connections etc.

I've put the top row menu items and search back in by removing //.p-sectionLinks,
The reply to thread option back in by removing //.block.js-quickReply,
The post a thread button back in by removing //.p-title-pageAction,

This leaves you with a bare bones interface that still has the posting and thread creation functionality.

Great stuff @Alternadiv

Which is the best way to provide a contribution for your efforts?

I'm still looking for the login button option....

Alternadiv updated XenForo Archive Mode || Alternadiv with a new update entry:

1.1.0 - Multiple updates

• Changed name from "XenForo Archive Mode" to "XenForo Lite"
  • Moved around some CSS for easier customization
  • Added more individual CSS properties that can be removed for deeper customization in areas like the navigation bar, account menus, search box, etc.
  • Added comments in extra.less to make it clear what certain customizations would output if changed
If you have already made your own edits -- Rather than updating and trying to merge the new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is the perfect style for a low bandwidth option that I want to provide for my users on dialup and sat connections etc.

I've put the top row menu items and search back in by removing //.p-sectionLinks,
The reply to thread option back in by removing //.block.js-quickReply,
The post a thread button back in by removing //.p-title-pageAction,

This leaves you with a bare bones interface that still has the posting and thread creation functionality.

Great stuff @Alternadiv

Wow, thanks!

I just made an update to the style based on what you brought up. Update notes here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-archive-mode-alternadiv.8696/update/44181/.

I suggest uploading this update as a new style (or completely overwrite the changes you made in this last one), then make your changes again in this new one.

I added some extra classes to allow logging in, showing the account menu, the conversations menu, the search box, etc., all individually. So you can use whatever combination you want. The login button, for example, can be shown by itself by removing the .p-navgroup--guest, line.

I don't really have a way -- I didn't expect anyone to want to do that. But seeing my style live on your site is pretty awesome.

All done, thanks again for putting this together for everyone it really is appreciated.

For anybody curious to how this looks when live then select low bandwidth from the theme selector on my site in the signature.

Top Bottom