XenForo, it's good for you!

Divvens

Never mind the title, it's just a pun (if you follow swedishepicmealtime you'd know it ;) )

I felt like making this thread, why? Because I love XenForo, my co-admin loves XenForo, my members love XenForo. And I love Kier's avatar!

I first heard about XenForo back when xenforo.com was just newly launched. I was an existing VB customer then, with a completely different community. Back then I knew very little about XenForo and continued using VB for my community. My community eventually ended (we closed it), but some people may understand this...I never felt the same again. I wanted to have my own community where we had a group of people with same interest interacting with each other etc.

Me and my best friend came up with a plan and I started turning that plan into reality. The first thing that came to my mind, a software to use for the community. Vbulletin? Not an option, used it before and I just didn't want to use it anymore. IPB? Tried the demo and was confused as hell in the ACP. After I tried the IPB demo, I remembered XenForo, I took the admin demo and created my first thread on the XenForo community - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/some-questions.17588/

What do I say? I fell in love with XenForo from there on. The support from the community had been awesome from start, the ease to use the software made it even more better. I purchased a license, got a good host and started developing my community.

There was just one thing that we needed, auto group promotions. And that was introduced in 1.1 (back then, it was planned). We were 3 members involved in starting up the community and all of us loved XenForo right of the bat. When our community opened a few of our old members liked it and gave a better feedback than before. We built our own custom style which was really easy to create and Brogan here helped me wherever I got stuck.

I was never an active member on Vbulletin, but the XenForo community just made me attract towards it...even as I type this today I visit XenForo more than my own community (chrome says so!).

In short, the XenForo software is more than amazing, the community is more than amazing, and I'm glad I chose XenForo. The upgrade to the beta was painless, the beta runs as good as a stable version and I've faced no problems with it. I've seen Mike and Kier actually listening to the community and adding features that was requested, fixing bugs at a pace which is unbelievable. Brogan who ninja's most of us, Jake who I've seen helping a lot of other members. And other members (to long to list out) who just make things even better.

I wish XenForo the best of luck for its future, I don't know about others but XenForo has become more than just a software in my life :p

Mike, Kier and everyone who made XenForo awesome. Thanks for providing me with something that really brings a community together and makes the general forum (community) experience awesome.

I was never an active member on Vbulletin, but the XenForo community just made me attract towards it...even as I type this today I visit XenForo more than my own community (chrome says so!).

I wish XenForo the best of luck for its future, I don't know about others but XenForo has become more than just a software in my life :p
The same here, I participate in this forum more than I do in mine own community. (y)

Top Bottom