Xenforo internationalization - automatic translation e.g. DeepL

Hello together,
we want to internationalize our Xenforo forum. We are looking for a way to integrate e.g. Deepl.
The idea is to automatically translate the forum and the posts into the desired language. Does anyone know a solution? What is possible? Is there an API interface that makes this possible?
I am aware that an automated translation cannot replace native speakers. Our first step is to reduce the language barriers for our customers.

I have not found any posts on this topic in the forum, if I have missed any discussions, please send me a short feedback. Then I can close the post or ask my question there ...

Greetings Hagen

We have developed a custom inhouse solution for a similar problem. The original post is translated once from the language detected by the translation engine into all the languages of the forum and stored in the database. When the language changes, the matching translation is shown.

We have developed a custom inhouse solution for a similar problem. The original post is translated once from the language detected by the translation engine into all the languages of the forum and stored in the database. When the language changes, the matching translation is shown.
That's really interesting, would you sell that solution/addon?

@neomind how does your solution deal with xenforo not having multilingual functionality? Is hreflang defined and is there a way for users to switch between languages?

Thanks for the information. This looks promising.
Does Google index those URLs in Search Console and does it cause any 404's or errors in:
Search Console → Indexing → Pages → Why pages aren’t indexed

Are there any errors in:
Search Console → Indexing → Pages → Why pages aren’t indexed

Top Bottom