XF 1.1 xenforo import only member, threads, post, profile comments

Adam Howard

I've gotten an odd requested and I'm not 100% sure if this is possible.

Someone already has a fully developed XenForo site. But they want to do a "refresh"

They basically want to delete their site, start with a fresh install, and import only the basics... ie .... user groups, members, threads, post, and profile comments into the blank install.

Is this possible?

I saw that thread. Didn't find it helpful. I'm assuming the answer is, no.

From what I understand the person has a ton of add-ons and didn't do a good job on keeping track of what is what. So the fear is even with uninstalling stuff, they would still have a lot of directories (folders) with no knowledge of which was safe to keep or delete.

The other concern was that even with uninstalling things, there maybe some lose ends in the database. Their site has been through a few imports. And not all add-ons remove everything.

I can relate a little. I, myself, sometimes wonder if there could be a benefit for "refreshing" the site (cleaning house sort of speak).

It was an odd request. But it did peak my interest.

It would seem that as many times this has been asked for, there would be some sort of "return to basics" add-on that would A: strip out all non core tables, fields and templates, or B: like you said, allow for reimporting of default core items only. Wonder if Waindigo's selective import would do this.

It would seem that as many times this has been asked for, there would be some sort of "return to basics" add-on that would A: strip out all non core tables, fields and templates, or B: like you said, allow for reimporting of default core items only. Wonder if Waindigo's selective import would do this.
I've never used his add-on.... It seems to be suggested that it works for imports from other forums and not XenForo its self. Although I guess I should try this on a test install and see what happens.

I agree... You'd think someone would have come up with something by now. This seems to be a common "request" not just here, but on other forum software as well.

But web software isn't like Microsoft Windows, there doesn't seem to be a "fresh state" :p

Such an add-on without "importing", but rather "fresh" (as you described it, strip to basics ) would be worth its weight in gold (one would think).

Top Bottom