XF 1.3 XenForo Header on WordPress

jasperto

I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but in my searches, I only came up with the reverse (WP on XF) or unresolved threads.

What would be the appropriate place to start to get the header from XenForo to display on WordPress. I would like to learn how to do this myself rather than pay someone to do it for me.

I would imagine it would be about the same for any style, but I'm using UIX.

Thanks!

What WordPress theme are you using?

Generally it's easier to do it the other way, to restyle the Xenforo header to match your WP header as it's more intuitive than editing the WP theme files directly..

What WordPress theme are you using?

I'm not attached to any particular theme. I like the style of my forum. I realize that it's probably easier, but that's not what I want to do. I appreciate you responding. :-)

I just want to have a uniform look across WP and XenForo as XF is the real center of what I'm doing. I have the XenWord add-on that gives me SSO. I just need to make everything look the same. I'm not interested in changing my XF style and adding a WP header to it.

I just want to have a uniform look across WP and XenForo as XF is the real center of what I'm doing. I have the XenWord add-on that gives me SSO. I just need to make everything look the same. I'm not interested in changing my XF style and adding a WP header to it.
Understood. The most straightforward way to achieve this then is to edit your Wordpress theme, find the header file (typically header.php) and either restyle it or add a new section at the top to make it look like your Xenforo header. For the links you could hardcode static ones.

If you wanted to take it a step further and include the exact same functionality such as notification alerts, dropdown menus for your member name and PMs then you'll need to examine the way your Xenforo header is rendered via:
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER

Things to consider where things may get tricky:
  • Your Wordpress theme will have its own CSS and jQuery that may clash with Xenforo's
  • You will need to update your new WordPress header manually if you change the layout of your Xenforo header in future - there isn't an easy way to effectively do a "live include/mirror" without it breaking things on either WP or XF
@LPH was working on some Wordpress Widgets in XenWord that would help make it more of a drag and drop affair to pull in various tidbits from Xenforo but if you're aiming for a 1:1 look then you'll need to dig into the HTML and CSS and experiment.

If you include links to both your WP site and XF forum, others with more knowledge will be able to chime in. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom