1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo hanging

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by glorify, Jan 17, 2011.

1. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

OK, this is not really a support question, and I'm not sure if it's even a software issue. I have experienced on many occaisions (almost every time I visit) through multiple devices, OS', and connections, that the site here tends to hang and not load completely at times.

It'll hang before displaying all the replies in a thread for example. Sometimes the navbar and header logo will never appear. Is this a problem that others experience? Is it software or server? Just asking.

If I posted this in the wrong forum, please move. Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've been using the site for several months now using various browsers and the only problems I've ever had have been ISP related.

glorify likes this.
  3. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

I never experience lag on here, on my site yea, but I suck at optimization. You should probably check to make sure your ISP is not being DoS'd.

4. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

I would, but I get it on my phone at times too...

Maybe operator error ;)

5. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I've had those issues, but they were related to Firefox(for debugging) and my ISP.

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

No lags, no issues.

7. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

the only similar issue i have had is on my own site with overlays (taking forever to load) and with ajax saves, such as when saving a template (timeouts- a real annoyance). yet if i open the same page in a new tab it loads normally; i only get these issues when a page is being loaded as an overlay. i havent gotten any complaints yet, and if it were a an issue for anyone other than myself i would have surely heard about it. but it does happen no matter what browser or even os i am using. i am thinking it must be related to the fact that i am on the opposite side of the globe from my server.