1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo got ripped off

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bubbl3, Oct 18, 2012.

1. bubbl3

bubbl3 Active Member

2. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

But it has the default vbulletin node icons >_>.....
    Peggy likes this.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Hey least it's being developed :LOL:

Sarcasm at it's best.
    HWS and vVv like this.
  4. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

The postbit...lol
  5. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

D.O.A. likes this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Forum home looks more light vB than XF.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Damn he went H.A.M.
  8. bubbl3

bubbl3 Active Member

Not really: change the node icons with XF ones, redraw the separation lines... done, totally XF.
  9. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I love the use of tables and the overuse of divs.
    D.O.A. and yavuz like this.
  10. rollthebones

rollthebones Active Member

The rip is pretty blatant, many of the class names are the same too. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
  11. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

Really? I took a few samples since this thread was opened and I don't see much duplication in the way of classes.

Blatant rip of the style so far, but what's generated for the end-user is a whole different beast.

Needs more analysis, honestly.
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  12. rollthebones

rollthebones Active Member

13. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight...he made a Torrent tracker and included XenForo in it? Source code says?

<a href="http://templateshares-ue.net/tsue/?p=forums&amp;pid=11&amp;fid=7&amp;tid=624">XenForo Integration</a>
    YES! Where is my pitchfork?
    Brandon Sheley and Adam Howard like this.
  14. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

It goes both ways, I see a lot of classes and structure differences between the two. Yes, there are some duplications of class names, but they're fairly generic.

There's a lot of stuff from XF that I can't find in their stuff and vice versa. Still, none of us can see the raw back-end code, so there's not much we can do to analyze it.
  15. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

You're pointing to this thread with that 'code' : http://templateshares-ue.net/tsue/?p=forums&pid=11&fid=7&tid=624 -- Read the title/thread.
  16. David_

David_ Active Member

Adam Howard, is that your site?

SneakyDave and Sheldon like this.
  17. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

multi-coloured poll bars nice. Shadow and background on the style looks alright to. I'd suggest removing the node icons for something less big and oh wait, this isn't the forum critique area is it? #blondemoment
    vVv and bubbl3 like this.
  18. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

It's a blatant rip. Yes they have obviously been smart enough to change the template output to a degree that it is not an exact match, but the rip is obvious. I see things like these and wonder why honest people sweat day in and day out to survive when others copy in plain sight or throw outrageous claims in lawsuits just because they can. Oh the arrogance of it... :(
    bubbl3 and vVv like this.
  19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I think Kier, Mike and Ashley have likely had their fill of the inside of any courthouse for quite sometime.
    Kier, Insy and vVv like this.
  20. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I reported this site to XenForo months ago, Mike said he would look into it. Guess with all the lawsuit stuff they haven't much time to investigate.
    bubbl3, Insy and vVv like this.