XenForo French language file... where?

Hi,
I have been looking for quite some time for a XenForo French language translation but without success. Do any of you know where I can get the XenForo French translation?
Thanks,
/Richard

XF products only come with the English (US) language by default.

All other languages are provided by third parties or you would have to translate it yourself.

You can search for translations here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/translations-2-x.48/
Thanks, Brogan for your reply!
Well, I am aware that all other languages are provided by third parties or I can translate it myself - unfortunately, I don't really have the opportunity for this right now. Regarding searching in "Resources > Translations [2.x]", I have done that without success finding the latest translation. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in my search, I don't know. Therefore, I posted in the forum with the hope that someone might be able to give me a direct link to the translation. Or refer me to a relevant third party.

Thanks again for your reply!

/Richard

There is no frech language pack for XenForo 2.2 currently available (from the resources section on this site).

IIRC there was one but it has been deleted.

Ok, thanks Kirby for your reply! Can I use an old French language pack (the latest available) and translate the phrases that are missing? Or will an old language pack cause some problems on my site? If an old language pack cause some problems on my site, what kind of problems can those be?

You can usually use an older langage pack without major issues but be prepared that
  1. You will have untranslated phrases
  2. You most likely will have translated phrases that are not longer being used
  3. You might have outdated phrases, eg. phrases where the original was changed after translation. In rare cases this could cause issues (other than a little confusion) if phrases were changed significantly (eg. meaning and / or parameters)

Last edited:
Top Bottom