1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Xenforo Forum not responsive, please help!!!

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by THN, Jan 24, 2014.

1. THN

THN Member

Hello everyone!

I'm quite new in this forum and I need your help! For a start, I'm not a technical person but here is my problem.

I am in the process of redesigning my website to be reponsive but unfortunately my programmer is struggling quite a bit to integrate the Xenforo forum (version 1.1.3) to the main site. Presently, the main site is reponsive but the forum is not! It does not diaplay at all on mobiles as I guess it is static. Please kindly suggest to me the best approach to make my Xenforo forum display in a responsive manner in conformity with the rest of the site.

Thank you very much for contributing.

Cheers!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

THN likes this.
  3. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

now we r in 1.2.4 y u still use 1.1.3 !!
    and as Brogan say 1.2 responsive ^_^

THN likes this.
  4. THN

THN Member

I guess I am on 1.1.3; please how can I ungrade to a reponsive version without losing any custom data? Please kindly help me!

5. Brogan

You need to update to XenForo 1.2.

Or install or create a custom responsive style.

6. THN

THN Member

Thanks Bragon for your swift reply. Please do you mean I should download the 1.2 version from my Xenforo account now? If yes, do I have to redo all my custom codes on the new version downloaded or will it be transferred automatically? I am so sorry I am not a tech person and the programmer I engaged is defintely struggling with the integration. D you know any competent person who can help me please?

7. Brogan

JohnD and THN like this.
  8. THN

THN Member

Thank you, Brogan. I will have a look at the link and revert as soon as possible.

9. THN

THN Member

But please Brogan, which version should I download for the reponsive design: 1.2.0 or 1.2.4? Please kindly advise!

10. Brogan

Download the latest version.

11. THN

THN Member

Thank you, Brogan.

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

But be SURE to read the resource thread that @Brogan linked you to. There ARE some things you have to do before upgrading.

13. THN

THN Member

Ok Tracy, thanks for writing. As I don't have any add-ons, are there still some other things to do before upgrading? Just asking?

14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If you are using no add-ons and not using a custom style then you should be good to go. But as normal practice it's always a good idea to back up your DB and your forum structure before performing an upgrade.

THN likes this.
  15. THN

THN Member

Tracy, thanks for your quick response. Yes, I've got only a custom style and I will let my programmer know about what you recommended before proceeding with the upgrade.

16. THN

THN Member

Please I have trying to upgrade my forum software and it keep saying ''The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later''. Do you know what this meansor what what should I do, please?

17. Brogan

You need to navigate to the /install path and complete the upgrade.

18. THN

THN Member

Thank you Brogan. I will talk to my programmer and revert.

19. THN

THN Member

My forum was recently upgraded but I am not quite sure which version I am now on. Is there any simple way to confirm the current version of my forum, please? Thanks.

20. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

In your admin control panel.
    Top left corner.

THN likes this.