XenForo copyright in footer

KhanTastic

Hi friends,

As per my knowledge I understand XenForo does not allow to remove copyright from the footer. But I have seen many big forums they don’t have that XenForo link in their footer. Did they pay a heavy amount to XF and got permission to remove or they are using illegal copy of XF ?

For me, I would like to keep it as in this way we pay back the credits to the XF developers for their hard work they do. Even if we remove everyone is going to know it’s XF software, so don’t understand why people remove it from footer. I’m even new to XF but I can notice if the forum is XF or not on the first sight :)

Looking forward to hear back from you guys.
Cheers

For the record there are some sites I have started where I have purchased Branding Free from the get go. So because you 'don't think they look like a site that would spend that money' doesn't really mean anything.

If they do not have the copyright footer there they have probably paid to remove it.

I reported a few sites that I knew were pirates. No interest. :(
Once again: How would you know that? You do realize you won't receie any kind of report, no matter what? You do realize that xF most likely does not a have a worldwide SWAT-team and in certain cases they just may not have any way of taking a site down? Or you may just have been wrong with your assumption?

I reported a few sites that I knew were pirates. No interest. :(

You have no idea what the steps the XF team has taken on your reports. Just because the sites are still live does not mean they did not attempt anything.

Top Bottom