XF 1.2 Xenforo Board ideas! Please post a response!

oO5 Dynasty

So im a Huge Fan of xenforo, and my subscription ran out. im a renew it for another year when i see the time is right, but i have a few ideas i want to see if they can be introduced into this software. Im a Huge fan of user Profiles and how people love to have the ability to express themselves on these social networking sites. Its what keeps the user going back to those sites because they really feel like its their home on the net. You can place Banners on the top of your YouTube/Twitter & Facebook pages. Plus you can have your videos etc. display in a cool way on those sites. So my plan for my website is to give my users some of these kind of abilities so when they join my site, they wont really wanna leave. I know xenforo is a forum, but i see alot of developers/programers creating these wonderful- add-ons to help everybodys boards. I just dont want the User profile sections to get ignored, because i know if it had alot more cool and exciting ways to design it. It would make peoples boards more complete.

Users have the ability to really hook up their profiles:
Profile Page banner/ full width of the page like youtube.com
Ability to move the Left Side bar/ or Hide it
Body section of your profile page where you can use widgets to fill it up with content/Just random thinking
Maybe even a background or change the background color.
Promotion section so the user can promote their gaming Team/ or Product.
I dont even know if this is possible, but i think this would such an excellent idea to add.

Also a full page width Banner for the Main forum/board page.
If anybody knows how to do that please lay the information on me. Thanks and if i came up with any other ideas ill share.
www.youtube.com
www.twitter.com
Facebook.com all have excellent user profile editing abilities.

If everyone didn't renew their XenForo subscription 'until the time was right', all development would stop as the developers would have no income to live on.

Show your support for XenForo and its future development and renew you subscription now. It's only $40 after all.

Last edited:
That's all you cared to respond about was me mentioning ill renew my subscription when I actually need to. Hum.....
Ok......
Well my post wasn't about me spending more money on xenforo, it was about my idea for the profile section on the boards. But if xenforo comes out with something crazy for the boards then I'll see about renewing. I've spend money to buy things for my board and if I see an pay add-on that fits my boards criteria I'll buy it from that developer.
Just one more thing, how does a person support all the developers by renewing their xenforo subscription? Just need you to clarify that for me. Also I paid for my board last year, and if you want to keep moving up with the updates you can if you want to. I like my version of the board.

how does a person support all the developers by renewing their xenforo subscription?
Developers make their income through both initial sales and ongoing yearly renewals. You can't survive on just initial purchases alone. Fairly obvious really, that's why Microsoft, Adobe etc charge upgrades for newer versions of their products and have now moved onto an annual subscription model (Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud).

So im a Huge Fan of xenforo, and my subscription ran out. im a renew it for another year when i see the time is right, but i have a few ideas i want to see if they can be introduced into this software. Im a Huge fan of user Profiles and how people love to have the ability to express themselves on these social networking sites. Its what keeps the user going back to those sites because they really feel like its their home on the net. You can place Banners on the top of your YouTube/Twitter & Facebook pages. Plus you can have your videos etc. display in a cool way on those sites. So my plan for my website is to give my users some of these kind of abilities so when they join my site, they wont really wanna leave. I know xenforo is a forum, but i see alot of developers/programers creating these wonderful- add-ons to help everybodys boards. I just dont want the User profile sections to get ignored, because i know if it had alot more cool and exciting ways to design it. It would make peoples boards more complete.

Users have the ability to really hook up their profiles:
Profile Page banner/ full width of the page like youtube.com
Ability to move the Left Side bar/ or Hide it
Body section of your profile page where you can use widgets to fill it up with content/Just random thinking
Maybe even a background or change the background color.
Promotion section so the user can promote their gaming Team/ or Product.
I dont even know if this is possible, but i think this would such an excellent idea to add.

Also a full page width Banner for the Main forum/board page.
If anybody knows how to do that please lay the information on me. Thanks and if i came up with any other ideas ill share.
www.youtube.com
www.twitter.com
Facebook.com all have excellent user profile editing abilities.

Sorry if I wanted that I would go back to vBulletin or Myspace. Having an overly "pimped out" profile is something you should pay a developer to work on for you. I enjoy the clean yet still sophisticated profile settings. If this was ever implemented I would hope it came with a "1999 stle profile? Yes or No" option. Now if they totally allow you to embed the most annoying song to your profile without the ability to turn it off? I am totally in!

Seriously though, this has been suggested multiple times. Most of the time I see the suggestion going the way of private development. It's possible we may see this in later larger releases but doubtful we will see it anytime soon.

******* does have a mod for profile covers however!

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-user-profile-cover.2936/

Sorry if I wanted that I would go back to vBulletin or Myspace. Having an overly "pimped out" profile is something you should pay a developer to work on for you. I enjoy the clean yet still sophisticated profile settings. If this was ever implemented I would hope it came with a "1999 stle profile? Yes or No" option. Now if they totally allow you to embed the most annoying song to your profile without the ability to turn it off? I am totally in!

Seriously though, this has been suggested multiple times. Most of the time I see the suggestion going the way of private development. It's possible we may see this in later larger releases but doubtful we will see it anytime soon.

******* does have a mod for profile covers however!

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-user-profile-cover.2936/
Nice, I like the information you shared with me. I notice with these boards you do have the option to allow what features you want. So yeah I wouldn't even allow all that music etc stuff. I really just want the option for more of a custom GFX style to profiles and more of a body section. Thanks for the info:

Developers make their income through both initial sales and ongoing yearly renewals. You can't survive on just initial purchases alone. Fairly obvious really, that's why Microsoft, Adobe etc charge upgrades for newer versions of their products and have now moved onto an annual subscription model (Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud).
Haaaaaa I kinda think your going way to hard with your thinking on this matter. I paid for what I wanted from this website. If I see more that I want to buy, then I will. Also I thought by your first comment you was saying I should buy another year sub to xenforo.com to support all the developers. So what your really saying is that I should keep buying yearly subs to this site to support this one developer. Xenforo!!! But if I don't need anything that this company is offering, then I'm not going to give my money away. Sooooo I know your gonna reply, but I'm done with this convo. I would be happy to talk about GFX and how to hook up the profile section.

Top Bottom