1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'XenForo Awareness' is rising... (The Admin Zone)

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Grover, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Heh, Kier:

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL I showed him that post

4. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

I started that thread and was surprised by the resistance ... I guess they haven't tried the crack cocaine of forums yet ... lol :)

DomainArchitect.com and Peggy like this.
  5. Caliburn

Caliburn Well-Known Member

The resistance is normal. I can understand their argument against adding a forum dedicated to a product which by all accounts doesn't even have a firm release date yet. Still, they added the forum in the end.

I suspect that XenForo is going to be swamped in both subscriptions and downloads in the first week of release. I foresee server downtime.

glorify likes this.
  6. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

WHAT?! DOWNTIME?! WHERE?! WHEN?! WHY?!

* Runs in circles waving his hands in the air *

7. David Thomas

David Thomas Active Member

Allow me to take your over-excited post and reply to each question individually:

Downtime, "used to refer to periods when a system is unavailable".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtime

Yes, downtime!

Here, at XenForo.

You're welcome. :D

Caliburn and Lisa like this.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

There was an update earlier (~4PM PST) as well.

9. David Thomas

Yes, but the posts quoted were referring to possible future downtime caused by massive hits to buy the product.

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

And both Kier and Mike were pretty shocked at XenForo's popularity so early on.

11. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Seriously?

12. David Thomas

Yeah. They didn't realize that people wanted quality forum software from developers who recognize the importance of community-involvement! :p

feldon30, Caliburn and James like this.
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Very seriously.

14. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

Yep and I know why, they think they are nothing special but they are, they are very talented and nice guys with some great background in forum software. Soooooo I am very surprised that TAZ even did a forum for it as well I'm surprised by the hype this early on. But I love this hype, will really show in sales upon release.

15. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Took em long enough - we had a XenForo forum in place the day it went live.. but then we knew it was going to be popular ;)

GodForum.com likes this.
  16. vijayninel

vijayninel Active Member

I wonder how much of that popularity is due to appreciation of the xenforo forum software and how much of it is due to displeasure with vB4.

17. DomainArchitect.com

DomainArchitect.com Active Member

Posted for posterity. Bolded part should be a member review. Damn I love this forum software.

18. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

The combination of both.

GodForum.com likes this.
  19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep I'd have to agree.

However, after the first version is released, and updates start to be released in quick succession, I expect that to change.

Lawrence likes this.
  20. John

John Well-Known Member

That you did :) That "other" place hasn't been the same since you left (which is why I left and rarely return).