xenForo Advertising

DieselMinded

Well im right in the middle of adding an ad spot on www.royal4x4.com , used the header template and right now i just have an ad up there but will be using openx to show the ads like i have currently running on my other sites..

so anyway there i was building the advertising page ...

http://www.royal4x4.com/index.php?pages/advertising/

and the "Posts 4 Profits" Program just popped in my head :D , so after buying www.posts4profit.com and www.postsforprofit.com @ go daddy lol i carried on with my page , things just started flowing again something that's i haven't felt since early vb3 days.

Ive built and maintained 2 big boards from the ground up, ive launched many ideas, programs and etc... Many flopped but some succeeded greatly.

Being that ive been there done that i know a community can be supported off of SEO and google ads and Premium members alone, Sponsors add the funds to speed up the progress of the site and you can make it with out them.

Read the page http://www.royal4x4.com/index.php?pages/advertising/ and tell me if that is something you would like to try out on your forum.

I can put together another website that's a link directory for all the sites using the program as well as details about the program.

thoughts?...

Hmmm ... okay, I feel bad about this but I'm not as enthusiastic as you are about the idea.

I see two main problems:

1) The 500 post requirement is too high. People will either post rubbish to reach it, or otherwise the only people getting to 500 posts in a reasonable timeframe will be genuine enthusiasts for your board; not really giving you the extra content you are trying to foster with this offer!

2) Quality control; a target post count doesn't really have any quality requirement - you hit the magic number, you get the big prize!!! Wahey!!! FREE advertising!!!!!! Without some form of content control you aren't necessarilty going to get the type of posts that drive search engine traffic or work well for the SEO of your site/niche. How you quantify "quality" will be different for everyone, but will, in most cases I expect, require a good deal of your time to check and establish - time that might be better spent managing your board/community.

I applaude your taking a different approach - with some tweaking and input from others you might be able to shape it into an attractive, and easily managed prospect, but for me ... as it stands at the moment ... I don't think it'll work as a good content building tool. Sorry.

--
Shaun :D

Thanks for the input , i would really have to put together the ins and the outs , post whoring isnt allowed :D , 500 posts isnt very many , i had over 10,000 on my last forum. dealing with sponsors is a PITA i had over 50 of them and its a headache , give me google ad check once per month and we can call it good.

Thanks for the input , i would really have to put together the ins and the outs , post whoring isnt allowed :D , 500 posts isnt very many , i had over 10,000 on my last forum. dealing with sponsors is a PITA i had over 50 of them and its a headache , give me google ad check once per month and we can call it good.

3) Diluting your revenue potential; by using your paying ad-space for "free" ads ... lol :D

Yeah, it needs fleshing-out a bit - but don't let me detract you from your idea ... it's just that you asked for feedback and I could see a few things that I didn't think would work out.

I must admit to liking an easy life too, so if it saves agro with not having to deal with demanding sponsors who are all competing for "paid" space, then it may be a much better deal - certainly for you and managing your site / time etc.

If it works for you though ... go for it :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom