Xenforo Add-ons or XenAddons?

PaulProe

We are getting ready to convert a vB 4.2.x forum to Xenforo. It includes a number of articles and user blogs and a Coppermine gallery. I am confused by the extensions that Xenforo offers and those offered by others.

I see the Xenforo Media and Resources extensions and think I understand how they work. But then I see and am referred to XenAddons and their Article Management System and Showcase which looks like it does the same thing only more visually.

Are these different methods of doing the same thing or is each a different approach? Tried to see 'Bob's' demos but without a Xenforo license, can't get in.

Can anyone offer comments on the use/interaction of these extensions and add-ons.

Thanks

Paul

We are getting ready to convert a vB 4.2.x forum to Xenforo. It includes a number of articles and user blogs and a Coppermine gallery. I am confused by the extensions that Xenforo offers and those offered by others.

I see the Xenforo Media and Resources extensions and think I understand how they work. But then I see and am referred to XenAddons and their Article Management System and Showcase which looks like it does the same thing only more visually.

Are these different methods of doing the same thing or is each a different approach? Tried to see 'Bob's' demos but without a Xenforo license, can't get in.

Can anyone offer comments on the use/interaction of these extensions and add-ons.

Thanks

Paul
For replacing Coppermine, XF Gallery will replace it just fine.

For Blogs, @Bob has a blog add-on you would want to use.

The resource manager really only works if you want to display just resources, as the only real flexible feature is custom fields, and those can only go so far.

These addons have hundreds of features. If you want to see what the difference is then just message @Bob and ask for some sites that run these addons. You will quickly see the difference. You could use Showcase to replace your Garage. Classifieds to replace your Marketplace. AMS to replace your articles.

Top Bottom