Implemented Xenforo 2 suggestion. Featured Threads Widget

Brad Padgett

I wanted to make a simple yet effective suggestion for Xenforo 2. I'm sure this has been suggested for Xenforo 1 before but this is for Xenforo 2.

It would be nice if we could have a featured threads widget that would possibly either allow us to pick threads we want to display or even maybe show a preview of the threads in a possible small slideshow.

vBulletin 5 has something like this already for featuring threads. Not that there any competition to Xenforo 2 but it would be a very nice widget feature to possibly release later down the road for Xenforo 2.

If you would like to see this please reply with your thoughts and like the post.

Upvote 30
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm second on that. I can see that XenForo uses the "Featured Resources" widget, how come we still deped on a third party [XD] Feature Threads add-on, which is actually out of order after the last upgrade?

Last edited:
No, but there is this:

Replying to Suggestions

First and foremost, if you like the suggestion that a person has made, like the post. If you have further tweaks to the suggestion, please post them but still like the post.

Suggestions can be sorted by the number of likes the first message has received by using the "thread display options" tab at the bottom of thread list. The number of likes that the first message of a thread has received is "shown" on the thread list by hovering the replies/views cell.

Threads with a large number of likes will bubble up to the top and give us things to focus on. However, please keep in mind that a highly-liked suggestion is not guaranteed to be implemented. There may be technical reasons to not do it or it may not fit in with the goals for the product. We will give our thoughts on as many suggestions as possible.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/guide-to-suggestions.2285/

Implemented in 2.3.

Top Bottom