XF 2.0 Xenforo 2 problems after upgrade

vexx

Hey there,

I recently upgraded to XF 2.0.1 and upgraded my servers EasyApache from 3 to 4. Did the EasyApache upgrade first. After the XF upgrade, the site is behaving bonkers, it throws me a white page when I go to the forums, sometimes it works but when I go to a thread, I get a could not respond page or a white page. I looked through the server's error log, there's nothing there. Also, XF admin doesn't report any errors.

I'm not sure if this is a XF 2.0.1 issue or a EasyApache problem. I want to mention I have 5 more sites installed on this server, 4 Wordpress installations and a custom php one, all working perfectly with no issues after the upgrade. I haven't changed the PHP version from 5.6 to 7 yet (that was my plan initially) but I don't understand why the forum is acting the way it is, how can I debug it? (i added the $config['debug'] = true; in config.php with no success).

Basically, I'm pretty blind, don't understand what's going on or what can possibly affect this. I have 0 modifications to the forum besides the upgrade, change the custom theme to the default one, tried to disable the 3 official addons I have installed, but it throws me a blank page aswell. The admin page, while it works to see the menus and settings, often when I click on a n option, it throws me the same blank page.

I attached the error it gives me, when it's not a blank page. Sometimes, when I go to admin, I get the page without the css being loaded (i presume). Attached the image aswell.

Please help

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.webp
    Screenshot_3.webp
    7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_4.webp
    Screenshot_4.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
One way to determine, this is what I would do:

First of all temporarily use a different browser or clear any browser cache out if practical, not essential but just to be sure you're getting 'fresh' data from the server.

The main idea: If possible do a temporary *new install* in a directory somewhere, with fresh files (download them again to be sure). Then see if this new temporary one actually works properly or not, you can just put it into a /temp_testing directory or something perhaps as you only need it to be there long enough to see if you still have any 'issues' you're having with the real site. Only install the official addons if you have them, do not install a third party theme or addon at this stage. Try a few links on the temporary install such as viewing a profile and creating a new thread / a post or two etc just to check what erm 'state' it is in.

From that you can then deduce:

1. If the 'new install' is misbehaving then its likely a server issue (Easy Apache as you've changed/upgraded that)
2. If the 'new install' is working properly, then the issue points towards something amiss with the upgraded site, perhaps submit a support request

Hope that is a bit of help for the moment. Remember to remove the "temporary tesing" install when you have finished with it!

I've resolved the issue, EasyApache changed the PHP handler and I had to redo the permissions and owner/group again. Seems like some files didn't have the execute permission, thus behaving abnormally.

Top Bottom