XenForo 2.2.12 ReleasedXenForo 2.2.12 is now available for all licensed customers to download. We strongly recommend that all customers running previous versions of XenForo 2.2 upgrade to this release to benefit from increased stability.
We're pleased to announce the introduction of two new features available in XenForo 2.2.12.
New CAPTCHA provider: Cloudflare TurnstileIn September, Cloudflare Turnstile was announced. You may have noticed that we quickly implemented this into the software and it has been running here now for a little while.
While on the surface this may seem like "just another CAPTCHA" option, we feel that Cloudflare has gotten a lot of things right in its approach to this product that is missing from many other providers including HCaptcha and Google reCAPTCHA. It's a much better experience for your users, respects your users privacy and with XF 2.2.12 also provides more granular logging in the Cloudflare dashboard so you can see analytics about where in the software a CAPTCHA is being used.
We encourage you to read more about Cloudflare Turnstile on their blog and consider signing your site up, for free, right here or if you are an existing Cloudflare user, get started in your Cloudflare dashboard.
Advanced cookie consent systemStarting with XF 2.2.12 you will be able to enable a new "Advanced" cookie consent system. This enables your users to have much more granular control over the specific cookies that are set, the purpose of each cookie and prevents certain cookies from being set at all until explicit consent is given.
As ever, this system is also extendable by add-on developers so that cookies set by an add-on can be appropriately categorised and also require consent before certain functionality is available.
This is not enabled by default and should currently be considered a Beta feature. If you wish to enable it, you can do so by searching for the
cookieConsentoption in your Admin control panel and setting the option to "Advanced". If you have feedback or further suggestions, please post a new thread in the XenForo suggestions forum, or if you notice any issues, please post a new thread in the Bug reports forum.
If you are a XenForo Cloud customer, your upgrade will be scheduled automatically. For self-hosted customers, read on...
Directly from your admin control panel
Some of the changes in XF 2.2.12 include:
- Always default to an empty array when IPv6 lookup fails
- Fix a server error when guests tried to access non-existent search results
- Include some missing entries in the hashes file
- Suppress warnings when converting invalid IP addresses on older versions of PHP
- Implement suggested password normalization for PhpBb3 authentication
- Check for "Manage add-ons" permission when viewing or triggering a file health check
- Fix not being able to follow users in an email bounced user state
- Fix custom user titles set to falsy values not being displayed
- Add missing pagination when searching for a user's reported content
- Only sign emails if DKIM setup has been verified
- Properly account for falsy values in wholeWordTrim and snippetString functions
- Fix PHP 8.1 compatibility issue when performing a search with no keywords
- Update Swiftmailer to v6.3.0 for PHP 8.1 support
- Make adjustments to Facebook media site to support new pfbid IDs
- Add support for detecting utf8mb3 and treating it the same as utf8 thus ensuring unicode mismatch detection and table conversion to utf8mb4 is working correctly.
- Add missing CSS to the comment macro in the profile_post_macros template
- When trying to unapprove a deleted thread, undelete it and put it in the approval queue
- Prevent configuration of two-factor authentication when it is disabled via the config.php switch
- Fix outdated link in the you_can_preview_icons_and_their_names_here phrase
- Fix typo in legacy Instagram embed template
- Re-implement Instagram embeds without a reliance on the oEmbed endpoints and support reel links.
- Adjust template Parser to allow for more precise parentheses placement in some previously ambiguous usages.
- If guest content is awaiting approval, show the username the content was submitted under
- Fix PHP 8.1 compatibility issue when rebuilding a thread's first post information
- Remove extraneous line breaks from the news feed option description
- If a user is also a moderator, update the URL on their admin profile page to only show forums they moderate
- Exclude nodes where a user can't view thread content from search queries
- When importing from an RSS feed and posting as a particular user, respect their auto-watch preferences
- Add support for 3GP encoded videos
- Fix $fromEmail variable not being set correctly when sending emails
- Fix accidentally exposing thread content to guests without the "View threads by others" permission when the thread starter's account has been deleted
- Ensure error logging isn't silently skipped if stacktrace arguments contain invalid utf-8.
- Adjust CSS for Spotify media embed.
- Adjust Select2 and native auto-completer to accept tab key as selecting a result.
- Support node_name / URL portion for categories (relevant if categoryOwnPage option enabled)
- Remove reference to non-existent reaction_text column
- Fix typo in mail template rendering exception message
- Fix connected account providers not appearing on the login form in some cases
- More accurate way of parsing byte values from PHP config values.
- Ensure only valid users are able to change their username.
- Better support cross platform directory separator trimming in ComposerAutoload
- Mark XF\Payment\CallbackState as allowing dynamic properties.
- Include PHP 8.2 compatibility fixes in non-vendor classes and utf8.php
- Fix Vimeo embed start timestamp behavior
- Use late static binding in utility classes to make them easier to extend
- Ensure job max run-time checks occur at end of loops
- Dynamically build link to front-end in the control panel
- Include content IDs in extra data when performing spam checks
- Include content IDs in extra data when performing spam checks
- Improve the extensibility of spam trigger log request data
- Add validation to widget display conditions
- Fix validation for negative whole number custom fields
- Adjust title attributes on bookmark links and buttons
- Adjust line height of inline mod go button to match select height
- In Text::copy return a Text element rather than Tag.
- Properly escape regex when rendering a BB code table.
- Disable PSR class path inspection in extension_hint.php
- In the ChangeLoggable behaviour add a new option to force a change to be from a specific user ID. In contexts where actions are performed from an email link, such as email stop or password resets, this allows us to ensure the password reset change log is attributed to the correct user.
- Update flow.js to the latest version, remove legacy FustyFlow for ancient IE fallback.
- Apply recommended fix for wrapping selection text in different editor functionality.
- Return a HTTP 404 error code when trying to view a tag with no viewable content
- Handle null arguments when stripping BBcode from strings
The following public templates have had changes:
As always, new releases of XenForo are free to download for all customers with active licenses. You may now upgrade from your admin control panel or grab the new version from the customer area.
Current requirementsPlease note that XenForo 2.2 has higher system requirements than earlier versions.
The following are minimum requirements:
- PHP 7.0 or newer (PHP 8.0 recommended)
- MySQL 5.5 and newer (Also compatible with MariaDB/Percona etc.)
- All of the official add-ons require XenForo 2.2.
- Enhanced Search requires at least Elasticsearch 2.0.