Xenforo 1.5.20 stable - guest can not accept cookies (JS on!) ?

otto

Hello,

when a guest click on "accept" in your new cookie notice, he can not accept the cookies. After he is cklick accept, the site reloads and the guest should login (with the cookie notice at bottom). Is this normaly ?

If so, then its bad, sorry.

Try it here: www.zetor-forum.de

I can not display a message for guests they can not clear from screen. :(

It looks like not all files have uploaded correctly.

js/xenforo/min/xenforo.js does not appear to have the updated code to handle the new cookie notice.

Actually, that suggests that you're using a non-standard set up - by default we serve JS from js/xenforo rather than js/xenforo/min which is what your site is currently using.

Any reason why you changed that (considering that it is a debug option).

@Chris D
Thanks for the Hint - I think I made this change a long time before and forget them. I update this and it works - but...

Now in FireFox (Win10, FF60 64bit) its so, that a guest must:
- take one click on accept and then reload the site manualy to clear the cookie notice
OR
- take one click on accept and then another one on accept to clear the cookie notice

The cookie is set on first time a guest click on accept. So should the site automaticaly reload them self or is it as designed that the guest/member has to reload the site?

Best regards

Oh... Chris I love you. :D

But how is this going on?
Iam absolutly sure that I not have touched this template the last months.
Can one reason be that I have installad beta 1 and beta 2 bevor stable?:unsure:

1526578891578.webp

Hello @Chris D

my members are confused - every time they logout (after accepting the cookie notice message)... the cookie notice come back.
They is gone, when the members login again and come back when they logout again. But is this realy a good way to do so?

Oh... Chris I love you. :D

But how is this going on?
Iam absolutly sure that I not have touched this template the last months.
Can one reason be that I have installad beta 1 and beta 2 bevor stable?:unsure:

View attachment 175600

I experienced the same thing after upgrading to 1.5.21, removing the extra bottomFixer div resolved it. Couldn't see it in chome, but could tell that it was loading two instances in MS-Edge.

However, i went ahead and reverted my page_container template and manually re-inserted my custom changes. It hadn't been done in a while, and resulted in a cleaner template.

Top Bottom