This release improves performance of several operations by adding indexes to 2 tables (xf_edit_history and xf_user_alert). If you are running a larger forum and have command line access, you may wish to consider using the command line upgrade option. The standard web-based upgrader will still work, but please be aware that depending on the size of these tables, it may take time for the queries to execute. This will vary significantly by board size and server configuration, but if the tables are very large, it could take minutes for each query to complete.
Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
Some of the bugs fixed in 1.4.5 include:
- In certain circumstances, message edits were not subject to spam checks.
- Remove the hard-coded "Spam" ban reason from the spam cleaner. This now uses the spam_cleaner_ban_reason phrase.
- Cron entries that are part of disabled add-ons will no longer show a next run time to indicate they aren't run automatically.
- Ensure that visible staff members are the only ones that cannot be ignored.
- Fix an issue where custom field values were not always selected properly when editing.
- Adjust spinboxes to work as expected when mousing into or out of them while holding the mouse button down.
- Prevent a fatal error when rebuilding attachment thumbnails and unexpected data is found in an image.
- Improve conversion of certain data in the SMF importer.
- When receiving a security/CSRF check error via an Ajax request, return a slightly different error message that does not recommend pressing the back button.
- Ensure that the editor HTML is always synchronized when submitting a form.
The following templates have had changes:
All customers with active licenses may now download the new version from the customer area.
This release follows our principle that third-point (x.x.X) releases should always be more stable than the preceding version, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).
Installation and Upgrade Instructions
Full details for how to install and upgrade XenForo can be found in the XenForo Manual.