XenForo 1.2 - The World's Best Community Software ...

CTXMedia

To balance out the "poor joke" title of my previous thread, now that I've had a couple of days of using XF 1.2 (and the initial excitement of a new release has worn off), I'm really liking the changes and think my forum members will too.

As an admin I'm keen to see the back-end stuff - so I'm using the new forum watch feature to alert me to any new announcements - but so far there isn't anything that I'm really struggling with or feel that I won't like or won't be able to change to suit my preferences and requirements.

Excellent work guys - and thanks too for actively listening to and involving us customers/community members - that interaction really does make a positive difference to the end product. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I think what I am going to grow tired of very quickly is everyone tagging everyone else, it makes the posts look like they have been hijacked by those link inserting addons. I can see the use of it but not in every second post that is made.

With that said, XF 1.2 looks good so far however more interested in the admin side to see what has *really* changed.

I far prefer tagging to people block quoting entire posts just to write a few words in response.

True, but does everyone have to tag everyone in every second post? I am sure the novelty will wear off soon... or at least I hope so :)

What's the harm?

If it's not you they're tagging then it doesn't affect you.

If you don't want to be alerted when being tagged, disable the alert.

True, but does everyone have to tag everyone in every second post? I am sure the novelty will wear off soon... or at least I hope so :)

I don't really see the problem with it. It's no different than the people who post a link in their thread and give it custom text.

I think what I am going to grow tired of very quickly is everyone tagging everyone else, it makes the posts look like they have been hijacked by those link inserting addons. I can see the use of it but not in every second post that is made.

Brogan stated in the HYS that the @ symbol can be removed in the options, and if you want to hide them, add the following to your EXTRA.css to style tags accordingly:
Code:
.messageText .username {
  // style tags
}

Reminds me of Skimlinks and co, that all. Keep your pants on you lot, geez, being castrated because I said something against XF. May I be struck down in the street!

I far prefer tagging to people block quoting entire posts just to write a few words in response.

I prefer quoting over tagging because it makes it easier to follow the discussion. But the quote should be trimmed if replying to only one part of the quote.

The tag system can be nice but seeing tagging pseudos like links makes message contents hard to read. I don't think linking the pseudo to the tagged user profile is absolutely needed, but that's just one matter of taste. The only thing that should be done is to have a independent visual option to set the color of tagged links (and/or have an option to disable that link).

Top Bottom