XF 1.2 Xenforo 1.2 software upgrade

Hi everyone,

I'm needing t update our Xenforo software as it's very out of date, currently at 1.2.2......and have been recommended to use *******.

Can anyone give me some advice into whether to use those guys (they say they need access to our Xenforo code in the server). Is this normal practice? Should I just use the Xenforo upgrade instead. We also have many plugins too that we don't really want to be affected by an upgrade...

Help.

Thanks,

have been recommended to use *******
By whom?
That person has been banned from this forum - you may want to read up about them.

We also have many plugins too that we don't really want to be affected by an upgrade
Any add-ons you currently use will likely require updating when going from 1.2 to 1.5 - there are significant changes to the code, functionality, and style.

Okay, I've just digged deaper and it looks like a lot of people won't recommend using them. lots of backdoor viruses etc? Plsu, they are asking for a lot more than the current price of the Xenforo software upgrade of $50!

Definitely not a good choice going for that company then I take it?

Bear in mind that the official upgrade service covers the XF software and official add-ons only.

Any subsequent work related to third party add-ons, styles, and language packs and getting them to work with the latest version, or upgrading/removing them, would not be covered.

"Any subsequent work related to third party add-ons, styles, and language packs and getting them to work with the latest version, or upgrading/removing them, would not be covered."

Ah, thanks! They told me they can work with the current add-ons we currently have:

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.37.01.webp
From the looks of it, some of these ware official XF add-ons?

I really am now starting to think I should just pay the $50 to get an XF associate to do the work for us. Either way, if the add-ons we have are not official XF, then we may as well go the cheaper option with you guys and re-install/ upgrade any outdated add-ons. If that makes sense?

From the looks of it, some of these ware official XF add-ons?
The only official XF add-ons are the ones listed here: https://xenforo.com/purchase/

Everything else is third party.

We can certainly do the core upgrade but I can't comment on how much additional work would be required with the add-ons, or even if there are compatible versions for all of them for the latest XF version.
Doing some groundwork in advance will help to minimise any disruption and downtime.

Top Bottom