• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[XenFarjad] Forum Index in Pages

Farjad

Forum Index in Pages v1.0.2

What Is This?
This is basically something that will split your forum list on your forum's homepage into multiple pages. If your list is very long, or if you want to separate specific forums from other forums, you can use this. When you edit/create a new forum, you can specify a page number (default: 1), and it will appear on that page. By going into the options provided, you can specify how many page numbers you want to have, and it will add those tabs to the navbar accordingly. With this, you can add a phrase to your phrase list and give that page a specific name as well... example "Discussions" or such.

Screenshots
forummain.webpforumpage2.webp newcat.webpnewforum.webpnewlink.webpnewpage.webpoptions.webp

Installation
- Upload the contents of the "upload" directory to your forum base. Upload the xml provided to xenForo.

Upgrade
If you installed v1.0.0 please revert all the changes made to path/to/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php

Donate
If you wish to donate, please click the button below:

Changelog
v1.0.2 - 07/27/2011
- Tabbing 'selected' added.
v1.0.1 - 07/22/2011
- Fixed all non-index pages showed page 1 forums (example: move thread)
- Removed edit and made a secondary Model only used in XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index

Notes
  • When you set a page number, please make sure all sub-forums, sub-categories, sub-pages, sub-linkforums are all the same parent page # or else the sub-whatever will be 'hidden'.
  • An options page is also provided, it can be used to add tabs in the navigation bar.. phrases as: xf_forumindexpages_page_#
  • I'm using a very dirty hack to add Page field in create/edit node. I hope xf 1.1 can fix this.

Attachments

eaven if i can read in the sources what this add-on will do...
for others it would be nice to have a better explanation and screenshots.

but still thanks for the work!

I don't see the point of screenshots, tbh. If I give a screenshot of page 1 and 2, it will just look the same with different forum lists. I have put up an explanation though.

Now that I think about it I should have just over written the above edited function using a proxy class.

Ah lovely, this is another take on bobsters vbulletin mod, I was waiting for this :) But I agree with the second poster, regardless of whether people know what this mod does, a screenshot to see it in action before you actually install the mod is wanted/needed.

Installed on 1.04, it did throw up an error during the install but finished it okay, or appeared to. Only problem I'm having with it is can't find where I rename the tabs.

Errors occur when rebuilding the caches ... rebuilding the admin templates, get message "An error occurred or the process was stopped". Click on Continue Rebuilding and it appears to finish okay.

Something I'd find useful would be if creating/editing a category would be the option to include all forums/subforums and pages, links etc on the page say via a tick box.

Bloody nice mod Farjad :D.

Installed on 1.04, it did throw up an error during the install but finished it okay, or appeared to. Only problem I'm having with it is can't find where I rename the tabs.

Errors occur when rebuilding the caches ... rebuilding the admin templates, get message "An error occurred or the process was stopped". Click on Continue Rebuilding and it appears to finish okay.

Something I'd find useful would be if creating/editing a category would be the option to include all forums/subforums and pages, links etc on the page say via a tick box.

Bloody nice mod Farjad :D.
You can just add a phrase: xf_forumindexpages_page_2 , xf_forumindexpages_page_3 , xf_forumindexpages_page_4 , etc..

And it'll automatically change.

What errors are you exactly receiving?

It was just that error message above I mentioned, checked the server logs and no errors in there.

Got the phrases setup cheers :).

+Liked
Good idea
Suggestion:
xenforo.second.forums.tab.webp
Note: there are ways to "highlight" non-Forums Tabs .... there are released addons which accomplish this.

The most intuitive name for this addon would be: Add a Second Forums Tab
- the details could then say you can add more than just a second.
- many people don't know what a Forum Index is :)
Another name: Split forums into Multiple Tabs

Added to v1.0.2
Pretty sweet mod. I can't figure out though yet how to rename xf_forumindexpages_page_2 and move it right beside Forums.

It be cool to also be able to easily rename Forums also so I can say WoW Forums EQ2 Forums lol :)

Thanks!

It is. Just go to appearance -> phrases -> add new phrase and name it "xf_forumindexpages_page_2" and put whatever you want it to be.

It is. Just go to appearance -> phrases -> add new phrase and name it "xf_forumindexpages_page_2" and put whatever you want it to be.
Thanks and can I move the position of where it is from there also? I should probby go look hehe.

I have a request might be to hard to doo but I think it would make this 10 times more epic..

badassrighthaha.webp

Thanks and can I move the position of where it is from there also? I should probby go look hehe.

I have a request might be to hard to doo but I think it would make this 10 times more epic..

View attachment 17448

Um. You -can- move the position, but it'll require you to edit Listener.php, you can change 'middle' to 'home'. But, if you have another mod installed, you can just change the # of the mod in ACP (click the mod) and change the order # to something like 9999 and it'll cause it to run my add-on before that.

Um. You -can- move the position, but it'll require you to edit Listener.php, you can change 'middle' to 'home'. But, if you have another mod installed, you can just change the # of the mod in ACP (click the mod) and change the order # to something like 9999 and it'll cause it to run my add-on before that.
Where exactly do you change this in the ACP?

Where exactly do you change this in the ACP?
Actually scrap what I said earlier.

edit your config.php and enable debug_mode. Go to developments tab in acp->code event listeners and change "navigation_tabs" in every other addon to 9999 (or, change the forumindex one to 1)

Top Bottom