• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Xenfans Popular Content Add-on for Xenporta

iTuN3r

Just wondering if anyone here using xenporta as their portal would like to see Popular Content system from xenfans . Link : http://xenfans.com/popular/

This is only available for Premium members @ Xenfans.com .

According to floris : others can't re-use our code for redistribution
Floris- I am asking a user on this board in private if he can code it for me to be released for our premium members. hopefully he has the time to do it.

@Floris - could you make your How to Become a Premium Member page on XenFans accessible to those who aren't yet members? I don't know if I'd want to or not and can't make a decision without the information. :(

Yes, I know where to find the page, but 'You have to be logged in to do that.' I'd like to know more about becoming a Premium Member before registering. Just a little quirk I have.

@Floris - could you make your How to Become a Premium Member page on XenFans accessible to those who aren't yet members? I don't know if I'd want to or not and can't make a decision without the information. :(
Not with the current permissions - we show premium content exclusive to premium account holders. We can't 'preview' the content to registered members.

Yes, I know where to find the page, but 'You have to be logged in to do that.' I'd like to know more about becoming a Premium Member before registering. Just a little quirk I have.
You can find the navigation bar to have account upgrades directly there, rather than in the dropdown. And the upgrade page has an explanation of premium. Thanks for the feedback, i've added it to my todo list for a review of how to display, organize, and inform

No, I don't want to see your Premium Content - I only want to see what becoming a Premium Member entails. Is there a fee? IF so, how much? Do you have to be a registered member for a certain period of time, or have a certain number of posts? I can't tell a thing about how to become a Premium Member if I can't see that page. Just that page, not your Premium Content.

No, I don't want to see your Premium Content - I only want to see what becoming a Premium Member entails. Is there a fee? IF so, how much? Do you have to be a registered member for a certain period of time, or have a certain number of posts? I can't tell a thing about how to become a Premium Member if I can't see that page. Just that page, not your Premium Content.

I understand, it's unfortn. not possible to either preview the content to show what one might get from it, or give the forum software an alternative description for forums when they get permission denied. The best we could do at the moment with xenforo is to review our options, or add 'account upgrades' to the navigation bar. We've started with the latter and are considering more drastic changes after the gold release.

Thanks for the user-experience point of view. What seems logical to me might not seem logical to the visitors. Getting this feedback helps!

or add 'account upgrades' to the navigation bar
The Account Upgrades page is part of a member's account page.
Guests aren't able to view it as they don't have an account.

About all you can do is create a Page or thread detailing what the account upgrades consist of.

About all you can do is create a Page or thread detailing what the account upgrades consist of.

Good point, but the Premium memberships and other account updates are meant for Registered members. And registration is and will always be free.

A sign up page where we better disclose what it entails to be a community member (with various account options) will help us better. The dropdown for sign up will assist in this, and perhaps a pages/signup, but i rather wait for gold1.

Thanks for the user-experience point of view. What seems logical to me might not seem logical to the visitors. Getting this feedback helps!
Thanks for hearing me!

Ok, I see. I figured there was a page detailing what an upgraded account consisted of. An explanation of the requirements, costs and benefits. I see there is not, so I suppose I should stop taking this topic off-topic!

LOVE the looks of the Popular Content Add-on and would like to see it implemented as a module in XenPorta! :)

Um why was this posted in add-on requests when it already exists? IMO it should have been posted in the Third Party Services forum, because it is an add-on offered on another site, and for a fee (i.e. you must register, and pay to become a premium member).

IMO

He is not asking if someone wants to make it (though .. I asked one guy to look into it for me, for xenfans)
He is asking if others might be interested in it, to try and convince me that there's an interest for it :p

Um why was this posted in add-on requests when it already exists? IMO it should have been posted in the Third Party Services forum, because it is an add-on offered on another site, and for a fee (i.e. you must register, and pay to become a premium member).

IMO

Just checking out how many people would be interested on it so they might get it done as soon as possible :P This is only Add-on i need to finish my project . I am sorry if i posted on wrong place :(

Thanks for hearing me!

Ok, I see. I figured there was a page detailing what an upgraded account consisted of. An explanation of the requirements, costs and benefits. I see there is not, so I suppose I should stop taking this topic off-topic!

LOVE the looks of the Popular Content Add-on and would like to see it implemented as a module in XenPorta! :)

Browsing the site shows most public forums, and most of its content.
Having a registered account does that + added privileges, such as download, upload, viewing attachments, ability to communicate with others, personal social profile, etc. And options to update the account, earn money via the site, etc.
Having an updated account like Premium basically gives the user access to an additional forum, discounts, releases only available to premium members, and access to other account updates (such as marketplace/jobboard). premium users are also included in private beta testing (if that's going on at least) and other small things.
marketplace/jobboard account updates grants a user a couple of days to create new threads into the marketplace/jobboard forums.
Most account updates cost money, but kept as low as possible since we're just a hobby site and we're new and early in the game.

Just checking out how many people would be interested on it so they might get it done as soon as possible :p This is only Add-on i need to finish my project . I am sorry if i posted on wrong place :(
You didn't. Read my post above.

Top Bottom