[OzzModz] Home Blog

[OzzModz] Home Blog [Paid] 2.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Thanks, do you anticipate to have this update ready before the official release of 2.2?

Also, is there a place where I can demo this addon, just as an end-user?

The current version is not ready for operation XF 2.2. In general, it works, but it loses the button to output topics to the grid. At that, it becomes impossible to use grids. Either you can fix it yourself or look for a new analogue as it is impossible to use the plugin in future, so it makes no sense to buy it for XF 2.2. Given that the author has not solved the problem with meta description output and it is unknown when he will update.

P.S. Noticed that after the end of support for the license of the purchased plugin on the author's website, the license key for the plugin activation is missing. That during the reinstallation it is impossible to install the plugin and requires to buy a new key. It is unpleasant to receive such service.(n)

Go to Template modifications - [Xenbros] Home Blog -
thread_view hb_xenbros_featured_blog

The "find" window:

Insert this
Code:
                        <xf:if is="$thread.canApproveUnapprove() AND $thread.discussion_state == 'moderated'">
                            <xf:button href="{{ link('threads/approve', $thread) }}" class="button--link" overlay="true">
                                {{ phrase('approve') }}
                            </xf:button>
                        </xf:if>
The "replace" window:
Insert this
Code:
<xf:if contentcheck="true">
    <xf:contentcheck>
        <xf:if is="in_array($thread.node_id, $xf.options.where_show_feature_hb) && {{ $xf.visitor->hasPermission('xb_home_blog', 'xb_feature_thread') }}">
            <xf:button href="{{ link('threads/HBThreadEdit', $thread) }}"
                    class="button--link"
                     data-xf-click="overlay">
                <xf:if is="{$HBblog}">
                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {{ phrase('xv_hb_unfeatured_thread') }}
                <xf:else />
                    <i class="fa--xf far fa-bullhorn fa-fw"></i> {{ phrase('xv_hb_featured_thread') }}
            </xf:button>
    </xf:contentcheck>
The button for grid publishing will be returned to XF 2.2

Last edited:
This is a question for the author. Initially, he does not have support for capturing images from video, no matter from which. This has been verified. To display an image, you must upload it to the topic or add it to the text. It is not known whether the author will refine it. I would also like to have a video output. :cautious:

There will be eventually options to filter the content that we want in homepage other than "set certain nodes?"
For example if a post reaches X reactions or if a post is edited and updated or receives a certain number of comments?

And whats the definition of "latest thread" an entirely new thread or even an older thread that receives new comments?

There will be eventually options to filter the content that we want in homepage other than "set certain nodes?"
For example if a post reaches X reactions or if a post is edited and updated or receives a certain number of comments?

And whats the definition of "latest thread" an entirely new thread or even an older thread that receives new comments?
you have a future vision this filter will come in the next update.
the latest thread mean - entirely new thread

"Resurfacing" content for forums is really important, if this addon will have this feature will be an amazing homepage addon (if thread a receives a new comment make it featured again)

Looking forward to this addon 2.2 version ;)

Thanks, do you anticipate to have this update ready before the official release of 2.2?

Also, is there a place where I can demo this addon, just as an end-user?
I can't say yet
I am running in a busy schedule it will get an update but can't clear the date
I am trying to upgrade all my addon in next month

P.S. Noticed that after the end of support for the license of the purchased plugin on the author's website, the license key for the plugin activation is missing. That during the reinstallation it is impossible to install the plugin and requires to buy a new key. It is unpleasant to receive such service.(n)
This is something that should be changed immediately. Basically, you are forced to buy a new license each year and can't use the old expired one if you happen to delete it from your server or loose the license key.
It should still be possible to download and use your old, purchased add-ons if you are happy with them and don't want/don't need to have the latest version.
I have bought a lot of add-ons from him in the past but since I noticed this unpleasant service and given the fact that no discounts are offered for extending your license, I will probably stop.

This is something that should be changed immediately. Basically, you are forced to buy a new license each year and can't use the old expired one if you happen to delete it from your server or loose the license key.
It should still be possible to download and use your old, purchased add-ons if you are happy with them and don't want/don't need to have the latest version.
I have bought a lot of add-ons from him in the past but since I noticed this unpleasant service and given the fact that no discounts are offered for extending your license, I will probably stop.
Thanks for purchasing the addon.
Well, we are changing the licence system in the new 2.2 xf upgrade so might not get these issues but about the current, We can't do anything in it.
let us know if you have any query.
regards
Xenbros

This looks very interesting. Does it use widgets that one can place on pages to call specific forums? For instance, if I wanted to create a homepage that has different widgets that only pull from one forum, is this possible? Also, was just curious, your website indicates this was last updated in 2019. Was wondering if that was accurate?

Last edited:
I will answer for the author, if he does not mind.
Can you embed music (tracks) in blog post’s ?
i want to make a blog for music (tracks) .
You can. The main thing is to upload a picture for the preview of the news. What you upload in the attachment or put the links in the message is your own business.
Does it use widgets that one can place on pages to call specific forums? For instance, if I wanted to create a homepage that has different widgets that only pull from one forum, is this possible?
You can create any widget on your blog page. Including linking 1 or more forums for output to a blog.
Also, was just curious, your website indicates this was last updated in 2019. Was wondering if that was accurate?
Everything is correct on the author's website. However, keep in mind that the current version in its original form is not supported by XF 2.2. Use my edit to adapt it. And keep in mind that when you buy from the author, save the installer with the key, otherwise you can not activate later. Why so? This is a question for the author.

While we're on the subject. A question for the author.
When will the Home Blog be updated? And should we expect it? Or finally abandoned support? Because you've been repeating about the upcoming update for over a year. And whether in general the policy of buying a license for your plugins will change, when you yourself say that the changes will be?

Everything is correct on the author's website. However, keep in mind that the current version in its original form is not supported by XF 2.2. Use my edit to adapt it. And keep in mind that when you buy from the author, save the installer with the key, otherwise you can not activate later. Why so? This is a question for the author.
Thanks for the information. Not sure how I feel about this. I don't want to buy something that hasn't been updated. I'm wondering if I should just forgo this and spend the money on the Blog plugin I saw? It's a shame because this plugin looks so nice.

Thanks for the information. Not sure how I feel about this. I don't want to buy something that hasn't been updated. I'm wondering if I should just forgo this and spend the money on the Blog plugin I saw? It's a shame because this plugin looks so nice.
This plugin is easy to configure. However, prepare to edit the css to adapt to your style. Not to mention the edits to support XF 2.2 work that I wrote above. Otherwise, a great plugin. But keep in mind that the author never fixed the output of the meta description from the blog page. If you talk about buying for the latest version of xenforo, no, it is not worth the money, until the author will not update the plugin and not solve the old problems.

Example of blog work you can see on my site, the link can be found in my profile. I personally like it and for my tasks enough. If you are not confused by the difficulty of working with the plugin, then it is worth buying.

This plugin is easy to configure. However, prepare to edit the css to adapt to your style. Not to mention the edits to support XF 2.2 work that I wrote above. Otherwise, a great plugin. But keep in mind that the author never fixed the output of the meta description from the blog page. If you talk about buying for the latest version of xenforo, no, it is not worth the money, until the author will not update the plugin and not solve the old problems.

Example of blog work you can see on my site, the link can be found in my profile. I personally like it and for my tasks enough. If you are not confused by the difficulty of working with the plugin, then it is worth buying.
Thanks for the feedback. I did take a look at your site and it looks very nice. It is something that I"m trying to do. I'm in the process of converting a community website over to Xen from Wordpress and I've been trying to figure out if using this plugin or using the article plugin by Bob. Both seem to fit my needs. The difference is the articles plugin has actual categories vs forums. So I'm not sure what would be the best direction to take. My #1 concern is having plugins that are not maintained and in the future they break when the software is updated.

Thanks for the feedback. I did take a look at your site and it looks very nice. It is something that I"m trying to do. I'm in the process of converting a community website over to Xen from Wordpress and I've been trying to figure out if using this plugin or using the article plugin by Bob. Both seem to fit my needs. The difference is the articles plugin has actual categories vs forums. So I'm not sure what would be the best direction to take. My #1 concern is having plugins that are not maintained and in the future they break when the software is updated.
If you want to make a bridge between XF and WP, forget it. I started out that way myself when implementing it. The only bridge that worked at the time was XenWord Pro, which you can find in my XFRM, but it has no support now, nor does it work anymore. There are no current bridges between CMSes.
If, you need to adapt the filing of the material, on the principle of WP, then yes, the plugin is suitable for you as myself sought to similar filing and this has achieved.
For example, on WP there is the concept of "rubrics", which you divide into news, reviews, etc. It looks nice and convenient there. This plugin can similarly display topics. It works on the principle - created a forum "news", in the plugin marked this forum and it will display all created topics in your forum.
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 07.11 PM 002.PNG
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 07.11 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 07.11 PM 001.PNG
If you want separation into other forums, then create other forums under the desired theme with a certain name and the same way you specify in the plugin, what he will display and it will be enough.
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 07.12 PM.PNG
However, the plugin does not provide for created topics to automatically go into the grid of blocks. Here you need to have you or someone responsible personally specify the desired topics in the recommendations to the slide or grid, then you will see the output. I think you've seen similar grids on WP more than once and there all entries are specified individually too, here too. I think the author was guided by the same principle. The large grid is slides and the small ones are regular grids. So you can roughly understand.
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 07.16 PM.PNG
When you install and activate the plugin, you must immediately specify at least 1 forum to display, otherwise when you go to the blog page will get a system error, it swears that the section is not selected. This is in case you buy the plugin. To change the address of the blog, then use the admin Route filters, I think to explain how it works is not necessary.

In the future, if there are problems with support for this plugin, we will have to look for a replacement, but a normal and convenient replacement is not particularly observed. So, so, if there are better options, it is better to consider them.

In the future, if there are problems with support for this plugin, we will have to look for a replacement, but a normal and convenient replacement is not particularly observed. So, so, if there are better options, it is better to consider them.
I'm wondering what the difference is between building pages with xenforo widgets and styling them vs this plugin? I've been testing a custom page and this is what I've done so far. Just three widgets in a flex box container that wrap on screen size change. I can further customize the styling and the published articles will automatically populate the widget when a new article is posted.

flexgrid.webp
However, the plugin does not provide for created topics to automatically go into the grid of blocks.
Oh, so when you create an article it doesn't automatically populate the widget? That's a huge downside for sites that want more automation of publishing.

Oh, so when you create an article it doesn't automatically populate the widget? That's a huge downside for sites that want more automation of publishing.
You've got it wrong. The grid is not a widget, but a full-fledged part of the plugin. And to publish to them, you need to confirm the themes manually, this is what I wanted to bring you to. In addition to grids, you can install any available widget, there is even support for HTML widgets. A widget can be placed above or below the message box output or on the side. There are no other options for displaying a widget here. This was discussed here.

I'm wondering what the difference is between building pages with xenforo widgets and styling them vs this plugin?
Here I can not give an answer. You have to figure it out on your own. On the issue of widgets, study the documentation. Widget you can with the basic tools to display the desired forum, topics, posts, etc. The visual part you can change in extra.less. Create a widget template structure in the HTML widget. In the rest, try different options. I can not say more.

Here's what it looks like to add a topic to one of the grids. You need to open a topic, click the button to recommend a topic and you choose where to post - slide or grid. If there is a picture, it will automatically pick it up and the path, if not, you write the path yourself. My correction, I wrote above, corrects the output of this button. Because when you install the plugin on XF 2.2 +, this button no. My fix returns it. The rest of the plugin works properly.
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 08.41 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 03-23-21 at 08.42 PM.PNG

Top Bottom