• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Xen-TR Show Today's Birthday (sidebar)

DrYontem

Setup and Update Instructions
1-) Upload the necessary files/folders in _upload folder
2-) Install addon_xentr_com_today_birthday _v2.1.0.xml via add-on installer
3-) ACP-->Options-->Xen-TR.com Today Birthday-->Set Timezone--> this step removed at 2.1.0

4.a-) open forum_list template and find
HTML:
</xen:sidebar>
4.b-) add above
HTML:
<xen:include template="xen_tr_com_today_birthday" />

Note: I know, the step 3 is very boring, i am working for this subject for auto change timezone bout visitor settings, please be patient bout this subject

Ideas for Future Versions
  • User Privacy for DOB Year version 1.1.0
  • User Privacy for DOB Day and Month version 1.1.0
  • Excluded User Groups(option) version 1.1.0
  • Excluded Banned Users(option) version 1.1.0
  • Excluded Users for Valid Status(option) version 1.1.0
  • There is No Birthday Writing(option) version 1.1.0
  • Waiting Ideas From Users
Version History
  • 1.0.0 --> 8 Jan 2011 --> First Release
  • 1.1.0 --> 8 Jan 2011 --> Added 6 New Option
  • 2.0.0 --> 12 Feb 2011 --> optimized queries, added limit option, added extra page for listing all today's birthdays' users
  • 2.1.0 --> 4 May 2011 -->removed set timezone. the timezone will be setted as visitor's setting

Attachments

Great add-on thanks mate. Just one problem, and not a biggy, even though the avatar size is set to small it seems to be using the medium one, is there any way to force it to use just the small avatars for it?

Great add-on thanks mate. Just one problem, and not a biggy, even though the avatar size is set to small it seems to be using the medium one, is there any way to force it to use just the small avatars for it?
this add-on will show only size=s avatar
if u wanna change it, u ve to change 8 codes from xen_tr_com_today_birthday template
search for
HTML:
size="s"
and change with
HTML:
size="m"

I like this!! I have it installed on my site now and I really like how it doesnt show unless there is a birthday that day!!

Would it be possible for it to take the timezone set by the users instead of just using an arbitrary board one that's manually set?

does this allow users to choose to opt out of their birthday being displayed in their privacy settings?

Would it be possible for it to take the timezone set by the users instead of just using an arbitrary board one that's manually set?

i am working on it, i think, i found somethings for this subject

does this allow users to choose to opt out of their birthday being displayed in their privacy settings?

if u look to first message, u can see the completed ideas at v1.1.0
so, if the member wanna hide his birthday month/day or year, this will be hidden from the list ;)

NOTE: version 1.2.0 is coming soon (for about query count and defines)

if u look to first message, u can see the completed ideas at v1.1.0
so, if the member wanna hide his birthday month/day or year, this will be hidden from the list ;)

NOTE: version 1.2.0 is coming soon (for about query count and defines)

Oh thanks - I missed that! :)

Top Bottom