1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 xen:avatar help

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Nathanial B., Jan 29, 2016.

1. Nathanial B.

Nathanial B. New Member

What is the data I need to pass xen:avatar in node_forum_level_2? I'm trying to get the avatar of the latest poster in a thread to appear next to the username for the latest post on the forum index. I'm just having a hard time figuring out the proper data I can pass to it to display the correct avatar.

For example:

I've searched through the core template for examples, but am not finding anything I can use.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

The New Posts block does this already (as you can set on the forum index here's on XenForo). Or are you talking about something different?
  3. Nathanial B.

Nathanial B. New Member

That's not quite what I mean. I mean for each forum on the index, you can see the latest thread title, and the author. I would like to display the avatar of the author. The problem is, I can't figure out what array I can pass to show a users avatar.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

5. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

<xen:avatar user="$category.lastPost" size="s" img="true" />
  6. Nathanial B.

Nathanial B. New Member

I've tried this as well, it just displays the stock "?" avatar.
  7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

That's as expected as the avatar date/gravatar info for the users who made the last posts is not available. You would need an add-on for that information, and then it will work, :)