[XD] Hide User Cell On First Post

[XD] Hide User Cell On First Post 1.0.2

No permission to download
The idea is very good.
Implementation needs to be improved.

This needs to be changed:
Above the post, the name is displayed!
The forum list shows the name!

It would be nice if you took the function of writing anonymously.

The idea is very good.
Implementation needs to be improved.

This needs to be changed:
Above the post, the name is displayed!
It would be nice if you took the function of writing anonymously.

Thanks for feedback!..
I agree with you, above the post, username can hide. (I will hide the username next release)

Forum list also has avatar! and this add-on target is just hide user cell.

Nice idea. But what about
Love this idea for years, to have anonymous postings for my users. Just couldn´t find someone, who realized that in full scope.
and this add-on target is just hide user cell.
Somehow I´ve missed that one. Okay, but may be you wanna enhance your addon..? ;)

Last edited:

Just a note, because it´s running in my head since I read about your addon the first time: why restricting to a special forum or forums? I think this addon would be way more benificial as it is now already, when it would work just a little bit different:
  • let the author decide, wether the cell should be visible or not (via a checkbox "Publish as anonymous post" in thread_create)
  • include an admin option, that admins and mods can still see some kind of user information in the post.
That way you could offer this function in all forums, not just in selected ones like a "Anonymous Postings"-section. The benefit would be, that you don´t have to create an additional "Anonymous"-section for each and every category - or one completly confusing anonymous forum for all scopes. The threads would just fit in nicely to the regular ones in the same forums (may be there should be a marker on forums_view and forums_list, so a visitor can see at first glance, that this is an anonymous posting. Even could be done by an automatic prefix.

As an admin you could still decide, in which forums this function would be available (or more specific: in which forums you don´t want to have that options, like admin forums etc.)

What do you think, @XDinc ?

Last edited:
Just a note, because it´s running in my head since I read about your addon the first time: why restricting to a special forum or forums? I think this addon would be way more benificial as it is now already, when it would work just a little bit different:
  • let the author decide, wether the cell should be visible or not (via a checkbox "Publish as anonymous post" in thread_create)
  • include an admin option, that admins and mods can still see some kind of user information in the post.
That way you could offer this function in all forums, not just in selected ones like a "Anonymous Postings"-section. The benefit would be, that you don´t have to create an additional "Anonymous"-section for each and every category - or one completly confusing anonymous forum for all scopes. The threads would just fit in nicely to the regular ones in the same forums (may be there should be a marker on forums_view and forums_list, so a visitor can see at first glance, that this is an anonymous posting. Even could be done by an automatic prefix.

As an admin you could still decide, in which forums this function would be available (or more specific: in which forums you don´t want to have that options, like admin forums etc.)

What do you think, @XDinc ?

Thanks for your evaluation and suggestions.
The purpose of this add-on was to provide a wider area in the content of the first topic. But the demands and expectations are different now.
All the ideas are inspiring and let me do another other add-on for Anonymous Postings also other options!
I will create an add-on for your requests at the first opportunity.

@XDinc this looks like a great addon and i can definitely find many uses for it. if i can make a suggestion, could you add an option to only take effect on a specific thread? That way not all threads in that node have this applied, just the ones i want :)

@XDinc, this addon isn't working for me in xf 2.0.11. I've installed it, selected nodes, selected all usergroups, and nothing. both on the default theme and my UI.X Dark 2 theme, this doesn't remove the user cell in the first post of any thread.

@XDinc, this addon isn't working for me in xf 2.0.11. I've installed it, selected nodes, selected all usergroups, and nothing. both on the default theme and my UI.X Dark 2 theme, this doesn't remove the user cell in the first post of any thread.

I think your theme codes would be diffirent from default!. Did you check with default style?

Maybe I will customize the add-on with your style. I look into Uix theme userinfo.

I think your theme codes would be diffirent from default!. Did you check with default style?

Maybe I will customize the add-on with your style. I look into Uix theme userinfo.

Yeah I checked on the default theme as well and it wasn't working there either.

Top Bottom