[XD] Featured Threads Slider

[XD] Featured Threads Slider 1.0.4

No permission to download
For "display in positions" - could you add a "none" option? I'd like to use this on a custom page only (my homepage).

One other feature request - it would be great to offer the ability to have another widget key style option which lists all threads, in a thread format. For example, see screen grab below, which is a search result for thread prefixes. I'm now able to retire the FEATURED thread prefix with your add-on.

1525557305055.webp

@Ovunc Dinc
Can you tell me exactly what code I need to edit to change the color of the username (thread creator) and thread creation date? They are too dark to read on dark styles. Thank you

@Ovunc Dinc

Also, on the off chance that you have access to Themehouse's Intrepid style, maybe you can figure out why the slider results in this when placed above the forum nodes:

Bh5974s.png

I have 9 featured threads in the slider that look fine on every other style I have, including my other Themehouse styles, but on that one...well, you can see that it's blank and that it breaks out of the page and the sidebar gets taken out. I can't find any difference with that style's settings compared to other Themehouse styles to explain it.

No big deal, though. If I can't come up with a fix, I might just axe the style.

@imno007 ,

I ve not tried on @ThemeHouse this style yet. I guess PageContainer templates is changed by author.

But I can help you, we will change templates modifications for your pagecontainers template.

Could you please send feedback your style author? or Share your page_container code with me. (Conversation please)

Best regards.

@Ovunc Dinc
First of all thank you for this amazing addon.

Please consider my suggestions:
  1. Can we have any option to disable Username and Time on the slider?
  2. Can we have 1 big slide at a time instead of 3 just like in XP2?
  3. Can we have the option to disable The Title and the excerpts from the description which is now set to 50?
  4. In style properties, can we select a new font and size for the title of the slides?
  5. In a widget can we select only few threads which can be featured? For example: i have 2 widgets of featured threads... one above the forum list and the other one in the sidebar. Can we make it exclusive so that both the widgets don't show the same threads again and again?
Thank you.

@imno007 Did you check style properties I added this option,

'User and Date Text Color'

I forget it :) .

Great! It didn't occur to me to look there, but that couldn't have been simpler. (y)

@imno007 ,

I ve not tried on @ThemeHouse this style yet. I guess PageContainer templates is changed by author.

But I can help you, we will change templates modifications for your pagecontainers template.

Could you please send feedback your style author? or Share your page_container code with me. (Conversation please)

Best regards.

I've sent you a conversation. Thank you

@Ovunc Dinc

2. Can we have 1 big slide at a time instead of 3 just like in XP2?
  3. Can we have the option to disable The Title and the excerpts from the description which is now set to 50?
  4. In style properties, can we select a new font and size for the title of the slides?
  5. In a widget can we select only few threads which can be featured? For example: i have 2 widgets of featured threads... one above the forum list and the other one in the sidebar. Can we make it exclusive so that both the widgets don't show the same threads again and again?
Thank you.

Thank you for your suggestions and nice comment.
I always like to be realistic, I consider your suggestions.
The possibilities are stated below.

1. Possible
2. Need to configure the new js code for a big one. (I will create another new add-on )
3. Possible
4. Possible
5. it doesn't seem possible to this add-on.

Thank you for your suggestions and nice comment.
I always like to be realistic, I consider your suggestions.
The possibilities are stated below.

1. Possible
2. Need to configure the new js code for a big one. (I will create another new add-on )
3. Possible
4. Possible

I had been thinking too that the 5th suggestion would be great if it could be implemented. So, for example, if you had a book related site with different forums for different genres, you could display a "best seller" slider for each forum that showed only best sellers in that particular genre. It would be useful in a lot of situations. But I didn't suggest it myself because I figured it would essentially mean creating a completely different addon. Maybe a developer, though, will see the suggestion and run with it, if we're lucky. :cool:

But heh, this addon is already great for what it is, and I appreciate you sharing it. (y)

Thank you for the consideration
As for this, i know it won't be easy. So just like New Threads widgets has which Forums to choose from... may be your widget should have similar choices too, which i believe will be relatively easier as the logic has been implemented in core xenforo widgets already. Just a suggestion.

I agree this is already a great addon. With the above 4 other suggestions implemented it's gonna be awesome.

Thanks.

@Ovunc Dinc

2. Can we have the option to disable The Title and the excerpts from the description which is now set to 50?
Thank you.

1525721562597.webp

3. In style properties, can we select a new font and size for the title of the slides?

Now, You can select a new font and manage the font size use the Typography.

OK? :)

When I finish the adding prefix I will share next version

Top Bottom