Xbox Unlimited

XboxUnlimited

Site Name: Xbox Unlimited
URL: https://www.xboxunlimited.com
Time Active: Just 2 Days!!!

History:
Having previously ran a pretty successful football forum in past I was fully aware going into this is going be a challenge, I have a passion for gaming (Xbox mainly), always choose a topic your passionate about, right?.

So with all that in mind I thought, "I know, lets pick probably one of the hardest topics to break into" and then let's make it even harder by starting from zero, with a new domain, no members, posts, or activity. :)

Why bother, it's going to be tough
Very true, but I became disillusioned with some of major gaming forums for various reasons and it's something I always wanted to try, so I thought why not? With a bit of luck , who knows.

About Xbox Unlimited
This site was created using the UIX2 theme, only dark mode available at the moment based around the Xbox colour schemes, lot's to add overtime and the aim is create a vibrant gaming community for Xbox Gamers, clean and simple design, make it easy to find the latest Xbox news on games, gossip, reviews, etc

So feel free to check us out and see how when get on over the coming months, if your up for the challenge then feel free to join up, make a few posts or spread the word!

Thanks for reading!!

home.png

I like your mindset and motivation about the challenge.

I've never been 100% happy with other gaming sites, too many console wars, becoming too commercial (way too many Adverts)
I especially like this part about other sites becoming too commercial. Seldom do I see successful sites that are driven by passion over $$ anymore.

Where do you plan to spread the word about the site?

I like your mindset and motivation about the challenge.

I especially like this part about other sites becoming too commercial. Seldom do I see successful sites that are driven by passion over $$ anymore.

Where do you plan to spread the word about the site?
I agree, once they become too commercial they kind of lose something, earning money end's up becoming the passion. Don't get me wrong they need to make money for running costs etc but I know of a few sites that make a lot of money, way way above the running costs which is fine but the sites are now plastered with so many ads they are not enjoyable experiences.

Getting the word about, it's difficult, just thinking through a few things. Still waiting for google to index the site, that would be a good start !! :)

Today we passed 500 posts, so pretty happy with that so far.. managed to get a few regular posters which really helps.

Downside is that Google still hates us :) not indexing our pages yet. But all in all not too bad.

Today we passed 500 posts, so pretty happy with that so far.. managed to get a few regular posters which really helps.

Downside is that Google still hates us :) not indexing our pages yet. But all in all not too bad.
You need to build up your domain authority. Get some sites to link to you. Congrats on the activity though!

Yeah I know, I'm looking into that, so any tips would be welcome
Well, most websites will ask for a fee for them to publish a guest post with a do follow link. We offer that on JoyFreak, so if you’re interested, give us a message. Otherwise you can try find websites that allow do-follow for free but I don’t know many.

Well, most websites will ask for a fee for them to publish a guest post with a do follow link. We offer that on JoyFreak, so if you’re interested, give us a message. Otherwise you can try find websites that allow do-follow for free but I don’t know many.
Sure, PM me some details.
I noticed a lot of your posts being submitted to twitter, do you use an ad-on from here for that? Looks like a neat solution.

So a few weeks ago i decided to dust off my old (not so great) programming skills and try to create my first add-on, after a lot of reading and getting a better understanding how Xenforo works I now have a simple early version up and running.

What is the Add-on?
It is basically a Game Pass add-on that will list all the current games available on Game Pass, including games that are coming/leaving soon and recently added.

What's next?
Currently it is just a really long list of data so I really need to add some filters to the page with different sorting options, such as by console platform, recently added, coming soon, leaving soon etc

If there are any experienced add-on dev's that could advise on this to get me started that would be a great help, I already have all the required data in the database I just need to work out how to add filter options.

You can see the early version working here https://www.xboxunlimited.com/games/

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
* UPDATE *

So my little add-on has morphed into something much more complex than I ever thought, this latest update now allows each game tile to be clicked to show game info including the list of achievements for each game.

It took a lot of work as getting the data for each game isn't easy but I got there in the end. Phew!!

If anyone is interested it taking a look around the link is here: https://www.xboxunlimited.com/games/

Thanks

Attachments

• info.webp
    info.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom