Add-on Xbox ONE Request

m3commish

I really like this addon here: [HDJuegos.net] Xbox Live LeaderBoards

However, instead of it being for the 360, I'd like it to be for the Xbox ONE. Also, if possible, the ability to pin certain blocks/sections to the homepage in the sidebar. Ie; top players, top games, xbox live stats, weekly achievements earner as well. This would reflect those in the forum who input their gamertag in a created custom profile field.

Again, I really like this addon and hope that someone is able to take it on. I don't think the creator is doing much with it as its from 2012 with no updates or upgrades.

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Have you tried the addon to know it doesn't work? Presumably it pulls the data from Xbox website using the links available to check gamer tags. I can't see there being different links for xbox one?

Have you tried the addon to know it doesn't work? Presumably it pulls the data from Xbox website using the links available to check gamer tags. I can't see there being different links for xbox one?
It does work differently now.

This is the only mention of anything in the works, though seems like @Aayush has been to busy to complete it.
XBox Live Leaderboard

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I had it installed and it just seemed a bit inconsistent. Example, one of my buddies profile showed the correct games played (for the most part), and mine showed games that were like 3 years old. It just seemed too inconsistent to have on board. I'll retry the install again and see what happens .. but on a promising note, he's definitely doing something with it.

Last edited:
Xbox ONE data is really hard to get and it doesn't seem practical for me to scrap it. It's possible but not viable solution.
And Play station also changed some code that broke my existing scrapper. It's really time consuming.

It's the reason I never turned any of my standalone stuff concerning ip gaming data in an xf addon. Since they offer no official endpoint, you have to scrape data yourself and then build an API around it which is fine for personal reasons but in the end they can just exercise their right to be a dbag and kill your endpoint as a target or more likely at some point in short time unknowingly break your endpoint. Again since they don't have an official public endpoint they have no reason to be concerned about any non-official 3rd party who builds something around the gaming community data.

Developing something around that means lots of work on an unstable foundation to such a degree that it's almost insane to build it with the intent to offer support on the level most people tend to demand.

That said I have been able with 2 methods to retrieve xbox1 data and using one as the primary and the second as a fail safe found that actually the way things are now it goes beyond what was possible to do with xbl data =< x360 so it is possible to build an addon around all that, but I imagine supporting it for a group of sites would be a nightmare given that you have no promised access yourself to the data you are getting for them making even a masterpiece of an addon completely useless if MS changes their data structure or more specifically the ways it can be accessed.

If you can do it and make folks understand that you could in no way promise it to be able to retrieve data for any given amount of time and sell an addon based on that, kudos to you.

Last edited:
Seems like there are some people working still on Xbox API, Home | XboxAPI i.e.
Don't know if those can be used, but worth a check perhaps?

Also with Windows 10, it seems more will be open with the API.

@m3commish else I agree with you, would be really awesome to have both PSN and Xbox Live leaderboards on the forums + the other stuff in the API's.

Absolutely, @kaieivindm . I know if possible, quite a few communities would jump all over this. Further, this is the site that does it right .. Leaguegaming | LGHL | LGBA | LGFL ... although, I think one of their coders is from 2K -- you can get an idea of how it works there. Most sites try and do what they do ... rather I didn't want to ask anyone here to try and accomplish what they're doing because it may be near impossible .. (idk, who knows), but .. rather, an improvement of this addon already. Big ups to the creator of this addon here either way.

OK ... so, at least it's on their end. Still a bit strange though, that some of the players have the more updated games showing while others have games from a long time ago. I'm assuming that it will update at some point? Either way, I appreciate your help, Aayush. :)

Top Bottom