1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.digitalpoint.com home page

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aussie, May 22, 2015.

1. aussie

aussie Member

It would be appreciated if someone could please give me some advice/insight on how https://www.digitalpoint.com/ created their home page using xf.

2. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

3. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

It is nothing you will find here. All of his work is custom coded by him. There are a few portals in the resource area that can recreate that kind of front page though.
  4. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

I asked the same question but it's custom made and not for sale.
  5. aussie

aussie Member

definitely an outstanding xf hack that we should all be able to use.(y) in my opinion it is the icing on the cake and I would gladly pay someone to make it happen.:)
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  6. gfc

gfc Active Member

Such a news page is easily done with the Featured Threads Addon. Take a look at mine (in the signature)
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Or Extra Portal.
  8. aussie

aussie Member

thank you gfc and RoldanLT, great stuff! I like the Featured Threads Addon - will have to contact Brogan. (y)
  9. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

@digitalpoint 's homepage shows snippets that link to external sites. AFAIK this can not be done with featured threads or extra portal.
  11. gfc

gfc Active Member

But with widget embedded in the Portal.
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

The system supports threads too, I iust never use it.

As I've mentioned before, it really was never setup to be used outside our site. And it does a few unique things that the behavior was hard coded so it would be a lot of work (basically a rewrite) to make it something viable for other sites. And I just don't have the time for that.