Allow User to Hide Avatars

Allow User to Hide Avatars v1.1.1

No permission to download

Wutime

Wutime submitted a new resource:

[Wutime] Allow User to Hide Avatars v1.0.3 - Allow users to update their preferences and disable large avatars site-wide

If you have accessiblity concerns the large avatars showing up on the thread lists can be distracting and take up space for people using screen readers and assistive devices. This Addon gives users the ability to turn them off in their site preferences.

If you have other accessibility recommendations please let me know.

There's no settings, once installed all users on your website will be able to "Hide large avatars".

Avatars always show to guests, search engines, etc., this is only a...

Read more about this resource...

@AhmedAbdallah thanks for the vote of confidence. If you have any recommendations from you or your community I'm all ears.

My community struggles with disabilities so this was a request from them. They've also made a request about "miss clicks" and needing larger buttons so we're just in the midst of analyzing what to do in that regard.

Hello.

That's a awesome add-on, but is not working.

I don't know what the meaning of "hide large avatars", but is not working in my Forum.

Turned the option on and tested on all styles, but the avatar in threads is still showing up.

If you want to see by yourself:

Some users just want to hide all the avatars, well, this add-on would be great for this kind of necessity.

Some bugs that my server is reporting:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'wutime_userhideavatars_enable' on XF:UserOption[some random variable number] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194

Generated by: SomeUser 15/11/19 às 21:38

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('wutime_userhide...')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s9/public/quick_reply_macros.php(43): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('wutime_userhide...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l3/s9/public/thread_view.php(642): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('quick_reply_mac...', 'body', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(90) "/[supressed link for pricacy/"
  ["referrer"] => string(38) "https://forum.politz.com.br/whats-new/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/[supressed link for privacy/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This is just a example. I'm getting a ton of this same bugs.

Hello.

That's a awesome add-on, but is not working.

I don't know what the meaning of "hide large avatars", but is not working in my Forum.

Turned the option on and tested on all styles, but the avatar in threads is still showing up.

If you want to see by yourself:

Some users just want to hide all the avatars, well, this add-on would be great for this kind of necessity.

@palhanow it's a user setting. The settting has to be enabled by each user in their own options for this addon to have any affect.

It seems like this only works on the default Xenforo theme. We are using UI.X and it appears to not work on those themes.

For those people using custom themes; I'm happy to make this addon work with your theme but you will need to send me the theme for testing.

Many custom themes change the templates quite significantly, as such, this addon's injection point isn't found and the addon will not work.

This addon works very well with the default Xenforo theme and derivatives thereof.

Goodmorning,

I tried your addon and it works perfectly for threadview. Is it hard for you to give an extra option to hide the avatars on the overwiewpage?

Attachments

49 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom