WTF - Miko Is a Legend - Xenomorph

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then xenstyles now starting to show sneak peeks... let alone their freebie, Dream... very nice piece of work!

http://xenstyles.com/community/misc/style?style_id=6&redirect=/community/

dream1.webp

http://themesinc.com/community/forums/xenomorph-framework/

I was checking out the designers sites to see if anything new had occurred... and WOW. I can't believe the features Miko is creating for his XF designs...

Nice work Miko... I will be an avid customer once you get them live.

I agree miko is doing some outstanding work. Though I can't see myself benefiting from any of those fine features if I understand the features will be exclusive to his styles only. Features I think xenforo should have added to the core (toggle sidebar) Social block.

I agree miko is doing some outstanding work. Though I can't see myself benefiting from any of those fine features if I understand the features will be exclusive to his styles only. Features I think xenforo should have added to the core (toggle sidebar) Social block.

Yeah, but not going for his style because of that, while it's not in XenForo .. makes no sense to me-

Features I think xenforo should have added to the core (toggle sidebar) Social block.

I am hoping they will eventually be added into the core :) it's very early days yet... and anything that is outside the core XF code means more maintenance going forward, so hopefully things like toggling the sidebar will get built in... it is in all other Forum software products, and whilst it actually rarely gets used, it's nice to have it I guess.

http://themesinc.com/community/forums/xenomorph-framework/

I was checking out the designers sites to see if anything new had occurred... and WOW. I can't believe the features Miko is creating for his XF designs...

Nice work Miko... I will be an avid customer once you get them live.

He and Pank clearly understand the framework, the html5/css3/symantic web and see what can be done. Putting the framework they made to work will help admins pick a style and tweak it to their desires very easily. Some might not even grasp that.

Compare that flexibility with some of the horrible xenforo styles I've seen .. wow. It's worth the money, unlike a few of those others asking 25 to 50 for theirs.

Legendary work. By those who ruled the vBulletin market in the top3, clearly.

I mean, this is just on a beta of their stuff, for the beta of xenforo

imagine 3 years from now.

Yeah, but not going for his style because of that, while it's not in XenForo .. makes no sense to me-

Because I create my own custom styles. Why would I want to use somebody elses? Why wouldn't that make sense to you floris?

Because I create my own custom styles. Why would I want to use somebody elses? Why wouldn't that make sense to you floris?

I am talking about the mention of the framework things to add toggle, etc.
Obviously if you create your own stuff, you wouldn't be interested in any of the work of anybody else.
So I didn't quite get why you would bother commenting, but you mentioned you would not benefit from those sorts of features as you feel they should be in xf by default - well, they are not- and he offers them. Not using it for that argument means you wont have them, as they are not default. so made no sense to me.

I am talking about the mention of the framework things to add toggle, etc.
Obviously if you create your own stuff, you wouldn't be interested in any of the work of anybody else.
So I didn't quite get why you would bother commenting, but you mentioned you would not benefit from those sorts of features as you feel they should be in xf by default - well, they are not- and he offers them. Not using it for that argument means you wont have them, as they are not default. so made no sense to me.

I'm not exactly coder developer material floris so it may be easy for you to say that you smart ass which is why I requested for the toggle feature in the suggestion forum. That time of the month again.

I didn't say that, please don't call me names! It's impossible to communicate with you.

I also requested a while ago they should just add everything, actually I went into private with Mike and told him they're stupid for not hiring Miko to help move XenForo to 1.1

I didn't say that, please don't call me names! It's impossible to communicate with you.

I also requested a while ago they should just add everything, actually I went into private with Mike and told him they're stupid for not hiring Miko to help move XenForo to 1.1

it's impossible to read content in threads with your essay of a signature but am i complaining? Don't come out with your smart ass comments and expect me to tip toe around you.

I would imagine that went down really well, you might want to rethink your approach there Floris ;) While having additional bells and whistles on the surface sounds like good stuff, no offense to Miko haven't seen his xenomorph (drop your linen and start your grinning, absolutely love the name), remember a lot of us like xenForo due to the lack of what we view as bloated features that in all reality no one ever uses beyond the forum fanbois.

Thanks for the personal attack while you were the one commenting about how it's useless to you - and I am wondering why - because if you won't use it, because it's going to get in there eventually ... while it's not in the system now - .. oh well, I hate repeating the obvious.

Let's grab the signature, got a comment about my avatar too? Or want to reach out for other useless arguments totally not relevant to your post.

I am joining Peggy and eating some popcorn watching you wave your arms because someone (me) commented on your post :rolleyes:

I would imagine that went down really well, you might want to rethink your approach there Floris ;) While having additional bells and whistles on the surface sounds like good stuff, no offense to Miko haven't seen his xenomorph (drop your linen and start your grinning, absolutely love the name), remember a lot of us like xenForo due to the lack of what we view as bloated features that in all reality no one ever uses beyond the forum fanbois.

My approach is great, I have seen it in action. The features that users want in styles is what his framework allows. The easy use of flipping those requests on/off means a single style can be personalized without template modifications and difficulty.

If it's not in xenforo, it might be for a reason, if it will be in the future only helps the admins who run the style.

It only benefits users, and it isn't bloated, as that's the utter purpose of the framework : turn off what you don't want to use, or turn on what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom