WranglerForum.org - Forum for Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts

Got it! I'll check this out, thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it!

Not a problem. Like you I'm am starting a new forum so I understand your pain. Yours is a little more unique than mine as mine is to do with sports, college sports to be exact but is geared towards the Southeastern Conference. You wouldn't think it would be so hard but there are a few other bigger sites that have been around much much longer. It's really hard to get forums going these days.

I hear ya, trust me. If we'd been around when forums were first popping up it would be easier to get traffic. But nowadays you have so many other forums out there with very well established members, that it's hard to find a way to get those members to want to come to your forum instead. I think the competition or 'prize' thing would be a way of doing it. I also think my idea of potentially offering something like free t-shirts to every member who reaches 1000 posts is a decent idea. I think things like that would be cool because they reward members for participating in your forum. Eventually once you get enough traffic you could yank those promotions. Initially you'd have to spend some money, but I think it's probably foolish to think you can ever start a successful website (or business) without putting some of your own money into it.

As a web designer I spend a ton of time each day on Google AdWords and other marketing campaigns for my clients. I've got clients who pump 10k a month into Google AdWords and have great success from it. Of course they have that kind of money to spend, so it's not an issue. I'm not oppose to putting $500 a month into my forum to make it grow, I just want to find the best way to do that, and I think right now AdWords isn't working due to the fact that there isn't enough content, and no one wants to be the first to the party (so to speak).

I've used sites like PostLoop to get traffic into the site and get some content. If you decided to go that route set your settings a little higher so you get better more competent posters that will post great content and that's honestly money pretty well spent. Thinking of going that route again to get some more content and members myself and taking my advice and moving the settings up a little higher to get better posters. Good luck with your site and like others love the header banner image. I'm not a web designer so I paid to have my site professionally designed. In my forum niche I can say one thing my site looks more visually appealing than the older more established sites.

I hear ya, trust me. If we'd been around when forums were first popping up it would be easier to get traffic. But nowadays you have so many other forums out there with very well established members, that it's hard to find a way to get those members to want to come to your forum instead.
Then you see a genius like the guy who started The Windows 10 Forum about a month ago and has nearly 6000 users already lol

Then you see a genius like the guy who started The Windows 10 Forum about a month ago and has nearly 6000 users already lol

He happened to be at the right place at the right time with the right domain name. I'm not taking anything away from the guy it's very impressive and I know he also owns other Windows forums.

I've used sites like PostLoop to get traffic into the site and get some content. If you decided to go that route set your settings a little higher so you get better more competent posters that will post great content and that's honestly money pretty well spent. Thinking of going that route again to get some more content and members myself and taking my advice and moving the settings up a little higher to get better posters. Good luck with your site and like others love the header banner image. I'm not a web designer so I paid to have my site professionally designed. In my forum niche I can say one thing my site looks more visually appealing than the older more established sites.

Hey, I didn't even know about PostLoop, thanks for sharing that. I just signed up for it and figured I would try it out. I set the minimum score to 4.00 in hopes of quality posts. Have you noticed any good results from PostLoop at all? It sounds like a novel idea, so I figured it was worth spending $50 and seeing what comes of it.

I did on a forum I used them with in the past. This forum not so much because I had the score set real low. I'm gonna give it another whirl later on with a higher score and see what I get.

I did on a forum I used them with in the past. This forum not so much because I had the score set real low. I'm gonna give it another whirl later on with a higher score and see what I get.

I'm trying it out as well, so I'll let you know how it goes. Seems kind of vague on how it works. Do I just pay for credits and then wait for people to make posts on my site?

If you don't have a group of friends that can help you create content, you could create some sock puppet accounts and spend a month (or more) talking to yourself - building content.

Top Bottom