Would you be willing to donate some cash to get more XF converters built?

CTXMedia

One of the ways of building XF's popularity and attracting more developers and skinners, is simply to get more people actually using XF.

I've noticed a number of requests for converters recently from people who want to move over to XF but who can't because a converter for their board type doesn't exist. I think we can change that if we try.

I'm willing to put $100 in a pool towards having some more converters coded - anyone else willing to add something to the pot?

We could then commission coders at, say, $300 per converter - make the converter public - and start getting more people moved over to XF and build the customer base.

The cash could be put into escrow via an XF moderatror, and I'm sure we could find willing victims site owners to test the converters.

What do you think? Worth a go?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

@Kevin - I've noticed, you have to hire freelance developers, let 'em play with the xenForo script then to build something for you.
Most of the developers that joined this forum are busy, so only a few take on these jobs... requested at XenForo.com, :whistle: ( I may be wrong, but that's what I observed )

Once 1.1 gets release, I was going to let one of my developers build either a phpBB or MyBB converter, then share it in the Add-on Release forum here.
Then again, it might have taken a couple of months to build because I also have a few personal scripts that I need myself, :oops:

Top Bottom