Would porting our likes to Xenforo likes be possible?

Crayo

As a forum owner who is contemplating a move to Xenforo, one of the downsides would be users losing their likes. Is it possible to convert our likes into Xenforo likes? I'm aware you will need more information than this, but I didn't develop our like plugin so I can't get that as of yet, but is it something other people have done?

My forum runs MyBB by the way.

Likes importing might have to be custom from MyBB.
Are likes an addon in MyBB ?
Jake could do it.
SchmitzIT probably could.
Have you read about the MyBB importer ?

Likes importing might have to be custom from MyBB.
Are likes an addon in MyBB ?
Jake could do it.
SchmitzIT probably could.
Have you read about the MyBB importer ?
Urm there is a likes addon in MyBB, but we had ours before that came out so it's custom, but it probably works in the same way. Thanks for those names, I'll probably contact them if I go through with it; would be awesome to be able to keep the likes after preparing myself to tell them they'd be lost. No I actually haven't read about the importer, I should definitely do that :P.

Take it this means that your users are ken then? ;)
Not asked yet. Very early stages of planning, but I was planning on making the pitch where the cons were likes being reset and users having to change their passwords. It looks like both of those do not have to happen now which is fantastic, resulting in almost no reason for users to not want it. :)

From what I've gathered from skim-reading those links (was busy at the time so can't read thoroughly) is that converting to phpbb or IPB and then to XF would result in the passwords staying the same. I don't have an IPB licence but it's not a deal breaker if I have to acquire one, but I'm holding out hope that it can be done through phpbb. Is this correct? I've messaged one of the users Digital posted in potentially porting our likes plugin over. Yay.

A member of my forum who also owns a Xenforo forum already has a theme made almost identical to ours which looks beautiful, and is willing to give it to us. So another reason not to move is ticked off the list. I now would need to speak to someone about URL redirects though, but I'd probably make a thread nearer the time for that. Lol at me now treating this thread as my progress sheet :cautious:

Top Bottom