Would like to add referral program for contest, Affiliate tracking??

roblcd

I would like to know if there is a way to track the number of new members that an existing member refers to my forum within a certain time period.

For example:
I would like to be able to have a prize giveaway. When a new user that becomes a member of my forum because a current member referred them to my forum, the current referring member gets an entry into my giveaway.

For this to happen, I need to be able to track the number of new members that are referred by my existing members individually. This would be done through using links, or a particular banner, sort of like an affiliate program, except that my "affiliates or current members" are not referring people to make money off of the new members purchases, only to earn entries.

I know of this affiliate program, but like I said, not sure if will give me the information I need:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/affiliate-system.908/

I also saw on a site where they were doing a similar "giveaway", except that the "contest" was only for people who registered with a facebook button, and that only people who referred their facebook friends were eligible for earning entries. I assume they somehow used Facebook API to track the number of new members, that the current members referred through their facebook walls...

Any help or insight would be appreciated. I just need a basic working way to track this.

Thank you in advance!
Chris

I need to be able to track the number of new members that are referred by my existing members individually.
There is no mod that does this yet, but I would like it as well.
There was a shop mod that would credit users who referred, but that's not exactly what you're asking and development for that has stopped.

There is no way to do this, not good. It seems like a simple affiliate tracking thing. Do you think there would be a way to do this using the Facebook login button and API, to track new users/member through Facebook? I saw this process on another website, although it wasn't a forum, but they still did it somehow.

And if there truly isn't a way to already do this, what all features would you like to see in something like this, as I may have to pursue having one made. We may be able to find a developer here even...

Top Bottom