World Junior Hockey Championship

Lawrence

The only hockey sport bigger in Canada is the Olympic Men's Hockey, the World Jr's is a close second. Today Canada starts the championship with a 6 to 3 victory over Russia! Go, Canadian Junior's, Go!
smile.png

Next game is against the Czech's, should be another good one!

I'm going to assume this is Ice Hockey as opposed to Field Hockey? - ergo have no interest as the sport isn't big in this part of the World.

I'm going to assume this is Ice Hockey as opposed to Field Hockey? - ergo have no interest as the sport isn't big in this part of the World.

We just call it hockey. If it is not played on ice, then it's road hockey, field hockey, etc., :)

What a game yesterday between Canada and the Czech's. I expected it to be a closer game than it was. What a rough one though, the Czech's took some cheap shots. We probably lost two good players during that game: de Haan to an injury, and Kassian to a bad call. In Canada, the way we play hockey, if you shoulder someone in the upper chest, it's a clean check. In the World Jr's, it's called a head/neck shot, and so a 5 min major penalty and 1 game suspension. Give me a break; this is hockey, not pairs figure skating.

haha flipping through all my sports channel and there is a canada vs norway game going on? and the score shows 6-1 Canada.. :p

Then I heard the commentor state that the record for most goals was in the 90's. The match where it was sweden vs japan.

The score was 20-1 Sweden won...ouch.... 20 goals is embarrassing... :(

and what part might that be?

Australia.

Surprisingly we have a National League apparently made up of nine sides, another of those minor sports here that people are surprised we actually play in some sort of a fashion. Cricket World Cup coming up ....

Australia.

Surprisingly we have a National League apparently made up of nine sides, another of those minor sports here that people are surprised we actually play in some sort of a fashion. Cricket World Cup coming up ....

That makes sense then. Field hockey is fun as well, though I don't see it much being broadcasted on television from where I reside.

Big game tonight: Canada vs. USA. This game should have been played in the final, but because Canada played poorly against Sweden (lost in a shootout) it's going to be played tonight. Should be a great game!

Yes another Canadian! Go Canada!
Yesterday's game (Russia vs Finland) was a great one! Russia brought it back hard to win in OT

They don't televise it much here either.

Lawrence is US v Canada a semi final?

Yip, :)

What a great game last night. It was played the way hockey is intended to be played: fast with a lot of solid hits. Finally Canada played as a team. I was pretty concerned about the US as they are a good team and Canada has been playing only so-so hockey.

Wednesday night is going to be another great match-up: Canada v. Russia for the gold!

1st Intermission, Canada 2, Russia 0! :) Good game so far, the Russians are passing the puck very well, but our defence is a tab better, :)

Хоккей игра Канады

Я люблю Канаду против Соединенных Штатов на каждом уровне хоккей, но с Канадой и истории России, это лучший хоккей! :)

Although I'm sad Canada lost, I sure think Russia deserved the win. Some impressive goals.

And 5 unanswered goals ? WOW.

What a move by the Russian coach. Switch Goalies after 3-0 !

This is the seventh time since 1999 that Canada and Russia have met in the championship game at the World Juniors. Russia won three straight meetings in 1999, 2002, and 2003, while Canada won the next three consecutively between 2005-07.

Fact: It's also the 10th straight time that Canada has played in the gold medal game at this tournament.

Top Bottom