Working on my first forum - SellFree.co.nz - Social Classifieds Forum

After some feedback on my first ever forum Sell Free New Zealand, eventually I will be using a multi prefix add on so I can have something like "Location - For Sale - Other" also I will make use of the resources add on and use it for something like product reviews and hopefully link threads with that product to the reviews. Will also make use on a feedback add on.

If you have any suggestions about the above mentioned website or even the mentioned things i want to achieve please comment :)

Interesting idea.
Now you may want to change the blue footer heading on blue background, and, well, your postbit is huge, that's a choice, but better remove users' phone number from it.

Good luck with your project!

Interesting idea.
Now you may want to change the blue footer heading on blue background, and, well, your postbit is huge, that's a choice, but better remove users' phone number from it.

Good luck with your project!

Thanks you for the feed back, Whats "postbit"? as this is a classifieds i think it is best to display a phone number for easy contact, do you think there might be a better way to do this?

It's the avatar/name/banners/title/details part.
Displaying personal details publicly is a breach of privacy, always let users choose their privacy settings, else it might even prevent people from registering if they see that their contact details are available on every post they make. Plus it takes up vertical space.
If someone is really interested in contacting a member, they will visit their profile for more info/create a conversation. You could create a custom field and allow people to choose to display their phone number on their profile page for easy contact if they want to (individual privacy settings are available via the user panel).

That said, if people don't need to register to the site to contact members, you'll have much less members... and content. And at this point, a forum might not be the best platform to display classifieds if there is no "in-house" members interaction. :)

It's the avatar/name/banners/title/details part.
Displaying personal details publicly is a breach of privacy, always let users choose their privacy settings, else it might even prevent people from registering if they see that their contact details are available on every post they make. Plus it takes up vertical space.
If someone is really interested in contacting a member, they will visit their profile for more info/create a conversation. You could create a custom field and allow people to choose to display their phone number on their profile page for easy contact if they want to (individual privacy settings are available via the user panel).

That said, if people don't need to register to the site to contact members, you'll have much less members... and content. And at this point, a forum might not be the best platform to display classifieds if there is no "in-house" members interaction. :)
Thanks heaps for your input, i am going to remedy this right now.

About the blue background in the footer im struggling to find where to change it as im using a custom template.

EDIT} Never mind fixed it :)

Last edited:
Good job and good decision.
I also want to focus my board in the classifieds.
In my opinion and after try different ways and tweeting templates, addons, etc.
I've decided to use normal Threads + multi-prefixes.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

Good job and good decision.
I also want to focus my board in the classifieds.
In my opinion and after try different ways and tweeting templates, addons, etc.
I've decided to use normal Threads + multi-prefixes.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
Yup i agree, just need to sort out the searching multi prefixs and it would be a good start to my classifieds forum

Top Bottom