1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Wordpress to xenforo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Dannymh, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Hi all,

I currently have all my content in wordpress and my forums in mybb. I can import all the forums fine but am looking for a way to add all of my content into the forums so I can start using xenporta as my front end instead.

I have read a few posts about using vb4 to do this, however I do not have a license for this and am wondering if there is anyone out there that can help me out with this?

What I need
    Categories as Categories in xenforo
    subcategories as Subcategories (I would like a rainbow table that tells me old category and new category)
    posts to posts in appropriate categories/subcategory (record post ID and new post ID in rainbow table)
    Pages to Page nodes

Is there anyone who has done this or has a script that could do this for me or help me out here, willing to offer some small cash for this if you can

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Dannymh

Dannymh Active Member

Yeah agreed I think the VB4 method probably will take just as long as coding something myself. I have the categories moved to forums already and will work on the posts next, it is relatively easy so far, not the best code i have written and I probably could have built it all into a single recursive function but hey it works and thats the main point