WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

Hi, how can I select all the forums to display the recent threads in the Wordpress plugin? When I try to do it, only the first forum is included in the thread list.

Hi, how can I select all the forums to display the recent threads in the Wordpress plugin? When I try to do it, only the first forum is included in the thread list.
Yes, a bug has recently been reported regarding that. I'm working on it.

The bug has been found and fixed. I suggest you want for the new version to come out. If you absolutely need the fix right now, please start a conversation with me at https://xfrocks.com, thank you.

I would not call it "WordPress as Master" but the plugin will push WordPress account to XenForo (meaning: two way user sync). Got it working now, need more tests.

Guess I'll wait for the update - or you can give me beta download rights @ your website and I'll test tonight for you and post results / logs etc - I'm "Kurt" on your website.

The community and WP install are linked (xenforo.stratics.com and sandbox.stratics.com). I was able to link my own account manually. But nothing happens when users w/ existing forum accounts visit the WP install.

The community and WP install are linked (xenforo.stratics.com and sandbox.stratics.com). I was able to link my own account manually. But nothing happens when users w/ existing forum accounts visit the WP install.
Did you enable sync logged in cookie option?

Aye, in the sandbox.stratics.com dashboard. :)
I have checked your site, everything looks good. Please confirm if you tested with an associated account or not? The way sync logged-in cookie works, it will only pickup cookie for user who associated WordPress and XenForo account. A common issue is people test with an unassociated account, that will not work. It will be a security risk in fact.

However, the plugin actually can do that if you really want to. Go to XenForo AdminCP > Tools > [bd] API > Clients, edit the client and tick the box for READ, POST and CONVERSATE scope. That will allow the WordPress plugin to login without pre-associating.

I have a community with 100,000 users who only have forum accounts--not WordPress accounts. How do you suggest I ensure that they all get associated accounts? They cannot do it manually, there has to be some type of sync.

I have a community with 100,000 users who only have forum accounts--not WordPress accounts. How do you suggest I ensure that they all get associated accounts? They cannot do it manually, there has to be some type of sync.
For your WordPress site, you can check the boxes mentioned in my earlier reply because you trust the client. The situation here is unique because the client (WordPress) and master (XenForo) are both running by the same person hence you can trust the client completely. [bd] API was built to offer service for outsider clients too so the checkbox was put in place as a security measure and only admin can enable them for trusted clients.

In short, you can check those boxes to achieve what you want.

For your WordPress site, you can check the boxes mentioned in my earlier reply because you trust the client. The situation here is unique because the client (WordPress) and master (XenForo) are both running by the same person hence you can trust the client completely. [bd] API was built to offer service for outsider clients too so the checkbox was put in place as a security measure and only admin can enable them for trusted clients.

In short, you can check those boxes to achieve what you want.

I'm going to test this as well. I have around 10.000 active users with XenForo accounts and I would love to see them auto signed in into wordpress without too much hassle.

Do you realize that this is like...the greatest day of my life? I've been looking for this for three years. Offered a dev $8k to build it, but he flaked out. We're going to do a little more testing, but expect to buy multiple licenses to use across our Internet properties.

Some other thoughts for future development.

1) WP comments are pushed to the discussion thread, but not from the thread to WP comments.

2) Would be helpful to map multiple tags and forums (so folks don't have to install to every site individually--they could just install to the network).

3) If a user visits a story, they can't comment unless they go to our forums and register, but then there's no redirection back to the story so they can comment. Something that does this would also be very useful.

Well done. Truly. :)

Do you realize that this is like...the greatest day of my life? I've been looking for this for three years. Offered a dev $8k to build it, but he flaked out. We're going to do a little more testing, but expect to buy multiple licenses to use across our Internet properties.

Some other thoughts for future development.

1) WP comments are pushed to the discussion thread, but not from the thread to WP comments.

2) Would be helpful to map multiple tags and forums (so folks don't have to install to every site individually--they could just install to the network).

3) If a user visits a story, they can't comment unless they go to our forums and register, but then there's no redirection back to the story so they can comment. Something that does this would also be very useful.

Well done. Truly. :)
1) It does go back but it is delayed for about 1 hour (cron running)
2) You can map tag and forum in many-many relationship
3) Yes, this has been suggested.

Top Bottom