WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

It would be beyond nice.. it would close the biggest gap between XF and WP.

I've found people posting jobs on ELANCE etc paying developers to make this "wordpress as master" functionality.. The developer that brings it to this marketplace first, wins. Wish I had that level of talent!!!

So, this works without merging the user database? A true SSO?

Also, what if I already have a large userbase on my various WordPress MU and other WordPress sites?

Last edited:
Users do have accounts in both system but the plugin handles authentication between systems so user only need to login in one.

Will it break every time XF or WordPress is updated? Also, if I have lots of users on WordPress, how does it merge/deconflict?

Will it break every time XF or WordPress is updated? Also, if I have lots of users on WordPress, how does it merge/deconflict?
I hope not. So far no plugin conflict has been reported.

The add-on will suggest to associate if it finds matching email address. No such account found, it will create new WordPress account.

Since it creates accounts in both software, it seems that even if the bridge breaks, the accounts are safe. That's what has kept us from bridging in the past.

Oh, and WP and XF roles are managed separately?

Incredible. I've been trying to hire someone to build this for almost three years.

Here's an idea for you to consider if this takes off. XF is destined to become the most popular forum software. WordPress is the most popular CMS software. What about including a 3rd bridge with MediaWiki, the most popular wiki software? Just a thought for the distant future. :)

One of my folks thought of another question. If the bridge ever breaks and the associated account isn't created in WP, is there some type of "synchronize" option once the bridge is restored? Prolly not a bad idea.

Top Bottom