WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

This looks perfect for what I need, but to be clear;

1. I have a big XenForo forum. I'm about to launch a brand new front end (wordpress). Users with a XenForo account will be able to login via the front end wordpress with their xenforo account and comment on news articles with their XenForo account?

2. I want all the database to be confined within XenForo - so if someone clicks 'sign up' on wordpress, they're either directed to the signup in the forum or whatever they enter creates a XenForo account.

Will this add on do this? And also, if I purchase and can't install/configure, do you offer an installation service?

Thanks

This looks perfect for what I need, but to be clear;

1. I have a big XenForo forum. I'm about to launch a brand new front end (wordpress). Users with a XenForo account will be able to login via the front end wordpress with their xenforo account and comment on news articles with their XenForo account?

2. I want all the database to be confined within XenForo - so if someone clicks 'sign up' on wordpress, they're either directed to the signup in the forum or whatever they enter creates a XenForo account.

Will this add on do this? And also, if I purchase and can't install/configure, do you offer an installation service?

Thanks
1. Yes.
2. You can disable register on WordPress side to force user to register in XenForo.

If you purchase, you will be supported as in all questions get answered. If you need installation service, it will cost extra (hour rate).

1. Yes.
2. You can disable register on WordPress side to force user to register in XenForo.

If you purchase, you will be supported as in all questions get answered. If you need installation service, it will cost extra (hour rate).

Thanks. Installed.

I don't think this is what I need but to be sure it's not a case of some customisation...

On attempted wordpress login, the standard login box isn't XenForo and instead, a small link below the typical login encourages users to 'Login via XenForo' (95% of my forum membership won't know what XenForo is...)

If the user ignores the standard login an clicks the 'Login via XenForo' beneath, the user is then directed to the forum to authenticate the request/connection.

If both the above is necessary, I wouldn't consider it seamless. I'd expect users to click 'Login' on my wordpress site an the standard username and password entered to be their XenForo login, an for the user to be immediately logged in. Otherwise, I'd just stick a 'Login' link on the front end an direct straight to the login page on the forum...

Thanks. Installed.

I don't think this is what I need but to be sure it's not a case of some customisation...

On attempted wordpress login, the standard login box isn't XenForo and instead, a small link below the typical login encourages users to 'Login via XenForo' (95% of my forum membership won't know what XenForo is...)

If the user ignores the standard login an clicks the 'Login via XenForo' beneath, the user is then directed to the forum to authenticate the request/connection.

If both the above is necessary, I wouldn't consider it seamless. I'd expect users to click 'Login' on my wordpress site an the standard username and password entered to be their XenForo login, an for the user to be immediately logged in. Otherwise, I'd just stick a 'Login' link on the front end an direct straight to the login page on the forum...
What you asked for is actually possible to do. Probably I should go and implement that.

Agree with you :)

Can we pass user info from Wordpress to Xenforo? not past user info because of WP pwd encryption Im sure. But at a minimum, once the plugin is installed, if someone creates an account on wordpress, that account will also be created in the forum for them?

Don't want to have to create an account in Xenforo for every new wordpress membership we sign up.

Thanks!

Can we pass user info from Wordpress to Xenforo? not past user info because of WP pwd encryption Im sure. But at a minimum, once the plugin is installed, if someone creates an account on wordpress, that account will also be created in the forum for them?

Don't want to have to create an account in Xenforo for every new wordpress membership we sign up.

Thanks!

Doing that is possible technically but the idea is to use XenForo as a master server...

Doing that is possible technically but the idea is to use XenForo as a master server...

Wordpress is the larger platform with many thousands of websites already working with an integrated forum. If they wish to move to xenforo, the desire will be to keep wordpress as the master... not the other way around.

Wordpress is the larger platform with many thousands of websites already working with an integrated forum. If they wish to move to xenforo, the desire will be to keep wordpress as the master... not the other way around.
I would argue by saying most people (subscribers) don't have a WordPress account, only a handful of editors. I don't have account on all WordPress blog that I read :D Anyway, how many WordPress blog that need a forum? Hmm.

@xfrocks i see your point - would need a survey to know where the need truly exist.. I say WP users that leverage shopping carts and membership plugin far exceeds the number of people that want to integrate XF as the master server.

For example.. You have an online store or membership website (many thousands use wordpress for this), we would like to have the users continue to sign up via their normal sign up process. We have shopping carts and membership systems already in place to handle our needs all integrated with WP. All we lack is a forum as good as XF that integrates with the WP users.

@xfrocks i see your point - would need a survey to know where the need truly exist.. I say WP users that leverage shopping carts and membership plugin far exceeds the number of people that want to integrate XF as the master server.

For example.. You have an online store or membership website (many thousands use wordpress for this), we would like to have the users continue to sign up via their normal sign up process. We have shopping carts and membership systems already in place to handle our needs all integrated with WP. All we lack is a forum as good as XF that integrates with the WP users.
Yes. The need is there. Our only problem is not knowing how big it is :)

that's easy!!

Just look at the millions of downloads for the various membership plugin's and shopping cart plugins. This gives you a perspective of the number of folks using (or have tried) wordpress as a shopping cart and or membership site.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/s2member/ 500,000 downloads.... there more too. I'll run the number if you want me to.

Those membership sites almost all use forums - XF can't jump on that bandwagon because it lacks the integration with WP. I assumed it would when I purchased.. heck VB did....

that's easy!!

Just look at the millions of downloads for the various membership plugin's and shopping cart plugins. This gives you a perspective of the number of folks using (or have tried) wordpress as a shopping cart and or membership site.

http://wordpress.org/plugins/s2member/ 500,000 downloads.... there more too. I'll run the number if you want me to.

Those membership sites almost all use forums - XF can't jump on that bandwagon because it lacks the integration with WP. I assumed it would when I purchased.. heck VB did....
Membership and forum are two very distanced features eh?

Membership and forum are two very distanced features eh?

Not at all!!!

Someone pays for membership to gain access to a forum.
Someone pays for a product and gets support online via a forum.

Forums are the backend support funnel for so many websites. And never have I purchased a digital good or online membership and then had to sign up again for their forum.

Not at all!!!

Someone pays for membership to gain access to a forum.
Someone pays for a product and gets support online via a forum.

Forums are the backend support funnel for so many websites. And never have I purchased a digital good or online membership and then had to sign up again for their forum.
I see your point now.

Top Bottom