Add-on Wordpress Connect

andret

Hey all!

I need an addon that will let people sign up to xenforo using their wordpress account.

The wordpress install have a oauth provider plugin, so I am confident it should be possible to write something that works much like the Sign in trough Facebook button.

If however, I have overlooked some generic addon out there, a point in the right direction would be applauded! If not, I very much would like to hire someone to create this.

Thanks.

I am interested in this as well. Something that will create a Xenforo account and log people in when they create a wordpress account or are logged in via wordpress. So wordpress being the master controlling access and the member database and syncing with Xenforo.

Wordpress now powers 20% of the Internet and many people use it as their homepage with a forum added onto it. The current addons here don't work this way. They make Xenforo the master to control wordpress, which makes no sense. Wordpress is the front end of the end and should be in charge as many wordpress plugins need to make use of wordpress user roles, etc. in order to work.

So you created a login with wordpress button on that? Does it automatically log people in who are already logged into wordpress?

Right now this works like this:

User Clicks "Sign In Trough WPSite" -> Redirects to the WPSite where you Sign in and Accept sharing of info (Or just accept if already signed in). --> User is redirected back to Forums where user needs to fill in extra info such as Date of Birth and Accept ToS. --> User is signed in.

If user logs out, he can log back in again by pressing "Sign In Trough WPSite". Its possible to automate this process by having a script looking for a cookie, and if it exists do the sign in process trough a iframe or something. But that's more advanced then me at the moment.

There are bugs though. Sometimes the user needs to Accept info sharing again when logging in. Not sure if this is a problem with the wordpress plugin, or with my adaption of the Social Network addon.

We are currently working on our own news site using wordpress as back-end, and while its tempting to have a single sign on feature for comments and more, I am not really sure if that's the correct approach. We are looking into the possibility of using one of the API addons to create a comment plugin for wordpress that works kind of like disqus.

Imagine posing a new thread trough wordpress, which then automatically post a thread with a teaser text in the appropriate forum. Now, the diehard forum users can comment using the forums as always, or he could sign in on the comment field and quick comment within the comfort of the article. Using the API, we can neatly list comments directly under the article.

Right now this works like this:

User Clicks "Sign In Trough WPSite" -> Redirects to the WPSite where you Sign in and Accept sharing of info (Or just accept if already signed in). --> User is redirected back to Forums where user needs to fill in extra info such as Date of Birth and Accept ToS. --> User is signed in.

If user logs out, he can log back in again by pressing "Sign In Trough WPSite". Its possible to automate this process by having a script looking for a cookie, and if it exists do the sign in process trough a iframe or something. But that's more advanced then me at the moment.

There are bugs though. Sometimes the user needs to Accept info sharing again when logging in. Not sure if this is a problem with the wordpress plugin, or with my adaption of the Social Network addon.

We are currently working on our own news site using wordpress as back-end, and while its tempting to have a single sign on feature for comments and more, I am not really sure if that's the correct approach. We are looking into the possibility of using one of the API addons to create a comment plugin for wordpress that works kind of like disqus.

Imagine posing a new thread trough wordpress, which then automatically post a thread with a teaser text in the appropriate forum. Now, the diehard forum users can comment using the forums as always, or he could sign in on the comment field and quick comment within the comfort of the article. Using the API, we can neatly list comments directly under the article.

Very interesting. I'm sure there is an easier way to do it but I'm no developer so was hoping someone would create a good wordpress xenforo integration addon. There has been some talk of it so I guess we'll have to keep an eye out on the resources area.

Top Bottom