Add-on WordPress Authentication

Skyrie

I use WordPress + BuddyPress for my user database and would love to be able to use them rather than XenForo's user database. I know there is a WordPress Bridge already, but this simply lets your forum users login to your WordPress site, whereas I would like the other way around.

I would gladly pay for such a plugin.

Support for BuddyPress group forums would also be great, though not necessary at this point.

Wordpress - Xenforo Bridge - with Wordpress Authentication.
- The bridge should be a Wordpress plugin - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/
- A coder to target would be someone whom has made a bridge in Wordpress before .... and then just needs some details about Xenforo. You may bring 2 coders together like aforementioned coder and either xfrocks or Figher1405 (xenscripts.com) - one whom knows wordpress and one whom knows xenforo.

============================
To be honest, I didn't think that way. I do now. Will see what I can do...
I like this idea. Having a user sync between the two would solve all these problems. There are thousands of Wordpress Plugins that rely on using the wordpress member database, it's a shame to have to throw all of them away. Wordpress publishers would gladly pay for a premium Wordpress plugin that links Xenforo, the market is HUGE.

There are thousands of Wordpress Plugins that rely on using the wordpress member database, it's a shame to have to throw all of them away.

Q: Which specific Wordpress Plugins will not work with either of the two Wordpress bridges ?

Q: Which specific Wordpress Plugins will not work with either of the two Wordpress bridges ?
The most recent version of Figher1405's plugin supports syncing the xenforo users actually to the Wordpress database, this should allow any plugin that is looking for that information to function with it.

The most recent version of Figher1405's plugin supports syncing the xenforo users actually to the Wordpress database, this should allow any plugin that is looking for that information to function with it.

Do you have a link to the plugin, I'll give it a try. The issue is that lots of Wordpress plugins make use of the member database to restrict access to Wordpress content, allow users to create articles, etc. If the bridge defaults to Xenforo taking the lead then these plugins won't work because everything has to be run through Xenforo and the Wordpress plugins are built to run off the Wordpress database. Simply syncing the two should work.

Then the next issue would be to pull in the Xenforo avatars and use Xenforo for Wordpress's commenting system so they are linked and act as one unit.

Then the next issue would be to pull in the Xenforo avatars and use Xenforo for Wordpress's commenting system so they are linked and act as one unit.
His plugin does that as well (the commenting portion) And since you have the user id of the user in Xenforo that's making the comments you can pull the avatar from the XF file system, it uses the user id as the name of the file.

His plugin does that as well (the commenting portion) And since you have the user id of the user in Xenforo that's making the comments you can pull the avatar from the XF file system, it uses the user id as the name of the file.

Register at xenscripts.com to see the avatar sharing.

There is already a thread for the bridge plugin. My request is for the other way around. Where XenForo will pull WP avatars and WP user data. Not one where WP will pull from XenForo. My user database exists on WP, not XenForo. I don't want to sync users, I want XenForo to use the users that already exist on WP.

There is already a thread for the bridge plugin. My request is for the other way around. Where XenForo will pull WP avatars and WP user data. Not one where WP will pull from XenForo. My user database exists on WP, not XenForo. I don't want to sync users, I want XenForo to use the users that already exist on WP.
I was answering Deepmartini, sorry to hijack your thread, my mistake.

You should request this on Wordpress.org as well.
This should be a Wordpress plugin.
I'm not sure how many Xenforo customers can also make full fledged Wordpress plugins.

I guess it could be done a number of ways but if my primary goal was stability of Wordpress ... I would suspect it is best to do the lion's share of the work in Wordpress.

As well, the demand is for getting a Wordpress site to "plug in" or add Xenforo.

This post outlines a possible way to get this done.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/wordpress-authentication.21063/#post-268955
But wouldn't that use XenForo's user database? If I want XenForo to read WordPress's database then I don't see how WordPress would be able to do that.

Top Bottom