Woohoo!

Alvin63

Two weeks since I started setting up my forum and a lot of work. I have just had my first "proper" member sign up! It feels good. I do have a few other members but they are people I know who I asked to join. I have been adding a lot of content with photos each day and linking some of it to the twitter account I set up and noticed as soon as I did that I'd suddenly have about 10 guests browsing. I'm using wu's add on to ask them to register after so many views - and that has worked. I have a new member. Who is posting as well :-)

Cheers :) A question though. I've noticed that within 1 minute of posting a new article to Twitter I have about 10 guests browsing. That seems a bit quick. I am wondering if some of them are bots. One says it's a bot but the others just say "guest".

Another question - as they only get a few views before having to register - will that register warning apply to robots as well? I wouldn't want to stop the robots viewing.

Another question - as they only get a few views before having to register - will that register warning apply to robots as well? I wouldn't want to stop the robots viewing.

I wouldn't stop guests viewing either if I was you. The more they can see, the more they are likely to want to respond to and the more reason they will have to register.

Good luck with your forum. It is getting harder and harder to make a new forum successful with Facebook etc taking a lot of the traditional forum traffic. But if you have the correct niche and work hard at it you deserve to be successful.

Thanks. I'm not stopping guests viewing - but limiting it to a few times then asking them to register if they want to see more. Either they do or they don't. I am focusing on putting a lot of material on that attracts people to read it - so it they want to read it, why not register. I've got to get started somehow!

Top Bottom